rejetto forum

SP1 & Vista, issue?

Fysack · 13 · 8358

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! ..im going down!, this is blue leader, i repeat, IM going down.. We have a direct hit, SP1, rear deck. Printer DOWN! Autocad DOWN! Soundcard DOWN! Hfs DOWN!!! ..restarting applications.. DOWN! ..initiating new drivers ..check OK! Drivers are ok, i repeat, drivers are o k . Starting Self Test. . . . Self test says!: Open port 80 on your computer. ?!! Sir!!? Im abselotely positive, port 80 is open on my router. i repeat! there is nothing wrong with my router..! Sir! I need new orders! Sir? Do you think it`s the Vista 64bit system that  causing this?! F#%K! TAIL IS BURNING, TAIL IS BURNING!!........ aaaaaaaaaaaaaahh... !"#ยค%&/()=?
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline SilentPliz

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
  • ....... chut ! shh!
    • View Profile
Red Chief to blue leader ... Ccckkrrrcchhh .... Ccckkrrrccchh is perhaps your firewall chhhrrrkrrchh ... or ... CHHRRRKKRRR Vista! Zzzz or wrong options remained in the registry cccccccccsssssszzzzckkk! Solution ccckkrronntcckhh ..... DELETE  your OS and change radio, there are interferences. ;)

Offline Metaltailz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
This is Linux command to Red Chief and Blue Leader, please clear this frequecy and your hard-drive. If you wish to continue using this frequency you will need to verify you *nix based OS with the High Command.

metaltailz@home:
metaltailz@home:status
 uptime:error,number too large
 last reboot: unknown
 last virus scan: never

Ubuntu has found that your have not run a virus scan, would you like to run one to ensure you are not spreading Windows based viruses?___

Y

Virus scan initiated: Progress:......
Virus detected...
Analyzing...

!!! WARNING !!!
Ubuntu has located the virus Windows Vista Ultimate
Would you like to:
(a) Format hard-disk
(b) Install Ubuntu
(c) Give money to opensource software
(d) Leave Vista installed (sell your soul to the devil)

But seriously does SP1 mess with HFS? I was thinking of installing it, but now I'm not so sure... I have Vista 32 bit so it may work a little better/differently but I don't know.
I think I will backup my HDD and try installing it, if I do I'll keep you guys posted here.

Update:
Just installed SP1 with Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and HFS seems to be working fine.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2008, 04:17:42 AM by Metaltailz »
Current Project: Template based on Windows Home Server

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
ROFL Copy that Red Chief. its only me now, im the only one, ill S.O.S Rambo! RAVEN calling Sir John OVER, RAVEN calling Sir OVER.. Chief..!..? They did First Blood..!..
bzz..
LINUX HIGH COMMAND, LINUX HIGH COMMAND This is Blue Leader, Red Chief reports a possitive negative.
CAN YOU VERIFY  - FOXTROT OSCAR ROMEO MIKE ALPHA TANGO
bzz..
ETA zero Sir`?! Is it time..? This is now.? I knew it was comming.. so soon... Recon Ubuntu, This is going to be a tough one Sir
Tell my mama i loved her
THIS IS BLUE LEADER - IM GOING IN!
bzz..
 bzz.

Serious as cancer. It appears so, it messes up HFS, maybe not HFS acctually, but something between my router and hfs are certainly messed up.
RED CHIEF HIGH COMMAND! IT WORKS! i repeat! HFS is up and running!

I deleted hfs.exe. Re-download/install/update  :-*
This is first time ever in history my pressious hfs have ever stall`d
No matter what ive done to my computers, hfs always pops up and run, pops up and run, pops up and run.. flawless ;D
it still do  ;D
And Red Chief, your right, i actually had to reinstall the OS, just to be able to download/install SP1 at all.

Conclution:
Any one who install Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit SP1 must be prepeared for a big overall install job
I N C O M M I N G ! ! !
..bzz.

GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Pff, I've done it two times now and my Vistas with SP1 run flawless. Installation is not a big thing, but it requires much time. Now that it comes through Windows Update it's even simpler.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Blue leader to HQ. There is still seems to be some issues in the LAN. Im surrounded by a great wall of fire! Possible solutions can be executed after dark,. To much enemy in territory right now.
Requesting a air drop, cordinates eight five one six four one three three
Thanks guys,you make me hang in there..
Switching to radio silent mode.
Ill report back later
Blue Leader Over and Out
-
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Hello?! Guys! Its me! Fysack, blue leader. Im calling from a phonebox downtown at the local strip bar. I manage to get out of the shit. Here is the top secret documet i manage to rip out of the enigma machine.

To make a long story short:
I had to re-install my antivirus. After that, my hfs run like a oil`d lightning

ftw
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Edit:
Sorry guys, the right solution should be:
I had to reinstall my firewall, and define new rules. (i got a firewall built in to my antivirus(nod32+eset smart security) ::)

And now my Autocad is up too. I had to reinstall (repair) that one too.

Cheers
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Flight Ops

ZCZC
This is Sector Control. Too much loose talk on the radio. Please maintain radio silence unless absolutely required.
In future ACP121 must be adhered to at all times.
NNNN

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
ZCZC
Roger Wilco Sector Control. I was FUBAR.
SNAFU
Out
NNNN
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
fysack, that wav file is from MechWarrior?

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Maybe. I found it in Pirc. A Planetarion style irc client. Planetarion is a text based online strategy game. (was?)
Here is the shutdown
OVER ;)
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND