rejetto forum

Save hit count when file name changes

dane · 8 · 2437

Offline dane

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I have a Read Me file with the date in the name. I change the date in the name, whenever I change the Read Me file so people know if they have the current one. But of course the hit count goes back to zero each time, since it is a new file to HFS . Is there a way to keep the hit count, or edit it to keep the number of hits?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yes
in expert mode
in the virtual file system panel, right click on the readme file -> edit resource

Offline dane

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
In Expert mode I right click on my Readme file in my virtual file system panel.
Then I click on Edit resource in the drop down menu.
That opens up a window named "Edit resource" which shows the contents of the file containing all the files I am sharing, with the Readme file highlighted in the selected file bar at the bottom.
I click on the "Open" button next to it, and nothing happens. The Edit resource window just closes.
I tried this on different files and the same thing happens.
Nothing that I can find in the file's drop down menu, or in the Virtual File System drop down menu, gives me the option to edit, or keep the hit count.
Perhaps I have some setting in the main Menu set to disallow me this action, but I don't see anything there related to hit counts.
I'm running v2.2d build #152 on XP Pro.
Maybe you are thinking of an option in a Beta version.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
"nothing happens" ?
you asked to keep your download counter while changing the file.
and that's what you get with "edit resource", i tested it just before posting, with 2.2

Offline dane

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
OOHHHH, Now I understand.
When I rename the file, I click on "Edit resource" in HFS, then click on the file with the edited file name.
That changes the file name in HFS to the new name, and keeps the hit count the same.

I was expecting something that dealt with hit counts, so I thought nothing was happening when I didn't find it.

Thank you very much.

Is there a way to edit the hit count, so I can put it back up to where it should be?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile