rejetto forum

Users "Windows" is not easy to understand

Offline IvanRohnson

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello, I would like to give my 2 cents towards the development of HFS and I would like to make a suggestion that guys vehind HFS remake the Users Accounts windows nad make it more intuitive
Right now its very hard to understand which account is doing what, and who can access/upload/delete files on the HFS file server. Its just hard to understand, the way it looks and works.

Can we just have a list of UserAccounts/Master/Admin accounts with simple tickboxes and advanced settings windows to make it more easy to understand which user can do what?
Right now there is and account "Can change password"?
What does that mean? Who can change password? There is no Username Set for this?
ITs hard for me to understand, may be you should still keep the "old" system and just add an alternative settins window to make it easier for the "noobs" to understand and set up.

My best regards: Ivan.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Yes, I understand you, but the user interface it's not likely to change. You can, however test another builds/forks from another users (search it on this forum), which have a slightly changed user interface.
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hi, what is maybe not clear enough is that "can change password" is not just an account, but it's a group.
So "who" is, whoever is in the group.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin