Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
download @ www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs211.exe

what's new
+ File Menu -> "Properties..."
+ Log menu -> "Max lines on screen..."
* the "anyone" in file permissions is no more: you can get it by enabling both "any account" and "anonymous"
- renaming accounts was not updating upload permissions
- account redirection to ~upload was not working

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
just installed it.. the user access permissions....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

this makes it so much faster to configure!
I haven't noticed anything unusual yet.. but will post ASAP if something comes up

jerome-in-guest-mode

+ a graphic bug resolved.(in flock or firefox)

the home page was showing a layer over a very long children folder using a iframe height="35000".
now it is ok.

Offline Pit

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • EDV & Netzwerkservice in Berlin
I use a simple modified Default Template. Since Build 211 i have no Upload Button, when i am not logged in. But everyone has uploadpermissions by the accessrules. If i logged in the Upload Button is visible.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 10:14:14 AM by Pit »
You reach our Webserver every day between 9 AM to 10 PM under: http://phampel.dyndns.org or http://free4you.dyndns.org

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I use a simple modified Default Template. Since Build 211 i have no Upload Button, when i am not logged in. But everyone has upload permissions by the access rules. If i logged in the Upload Button is visible.

I had friends test this to be sure...

upload only works on a REAL folder.. not virtual.. and when checking user access in a music folder that I have set as a real folder... the upload tab showed under PROPERTIES.. but no one was checked by default.... I set one user with UL access.. they refreshed.. the button showed... I removed UL access.. they refreshed. and no button...

that is as it should be... and its more secure this way

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Nice job done on Properties.  :)

I just have a couple of suggestions ....
1.  HFS doesn't remember property window size and location
2.  No vertical scroll bar.  Resizing the window not always a viable option to view all contents. (diff template).

ok.. I can understand the need for it to remember window size.. in circumstances where a visual impairment would require it... but these days.. they have screen magnifier tools and.. outside of a gaming shell..  its rare to see 800x640 or 640x480 screen sizes.

however I do agree that the scroll in the properties window should have a vertical setting.. that horizontal scroll is a little odd and . .in regard to the screen size issue. it takes up lots of space.. there are still lots of us who do not have a 42 inch monitor LOL

set the scroll as an option with radio buttons.. so the user can choose which scroll fits the monitor they use... large wide screens would get horizontal... average size screens would get vertical... its more conservative of screen space that way.

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
This version has a lot of BUGS,

1) I can not run the upload,

2) I can not run "Delete permissions"

3) Do not store the settings of "Property". and so on.  ???

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
This version has a lot of BUGS,

3) Do not store the settings of "Property". and so on.  ???

I just finished testing all of this... they all work for me.. the only odd thing I noticed is that now my video streaming doesn't work.... and that in the last couple of versions it kept defaulting to the private IP of the router rather than the external IP of the domain.. am about to reboot the program to make sure it wasnt the DynDNS feature ..

[updated]

ok.. there is a definite bug.. where its not remembering the the domain URL and keeps reverting to the private IP of my router.... I think this is interfering with the video streaming.. I can check and see if a URL link to the file changes the access issue.

[additional update]
HAHAHAHAHA ok yeah it is causing a problem.. but.. this is very funny..... you remember that OLD bug that locked out video streaming access when setting access restriction on the video folder? .. well it looks like the same bug is back!

I can leave the folder unrestricted and hte video plays fine.. but he moment I restrict it to even a single user.... the video refuses to play.. this is definitely an HFS issue.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 05:20:23 PM by chthonic »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The actions on the rights delete and upload are inverted in the properties on directories, so, in accounts ( F7) an upload appears as a delete and reverse. There is the explanation ;)
The build 212 should not thus delay going out :D

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The actions on the rights delete and upload are inverted in the properties on directories, so, in accounts ( F7) an upload appears as a delete and reverse. There is the explanation ;)
The build 212 should not thus delay going out :D
I still do not work:

3) Do not store the settings of "Property". and so on.

in any way they septum, you could attach a screenshot function of how you?  ???

MikeC

In Explorer I used to be able to right click and "Add to HFS" in previous versions.  It doesn't seem to work in 211.  I have tested this on XP & Vista, also remove and readded the shell extension option which never helped.

Offline Turrenell

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
download @ www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs211.exe

what's new
+ File Menu -> "Properties..."
+ Log menu -> "Max lines on screen..."
* the "anyone" in file permissions is no more: you can get it by enabling both "any account" and "anonymous"
- renaming accounts was not updating upload permissions
- account redirection to ~upload was not working

Hello to all.

I would like to suggest a pair of things:

1 - In the tree of the virtual system of files, with "double click" on the name, we can " rename " the object, and... If we do "double click" in the icon of that same object and obtain its properties? He is not complicated to codify and still faster.

2 - A time we have the window of properties, we can keep its position as it happens in the window of " Set user/pass… ". Furthermore, can also keep the dimensions from the propierties dialog if this changes when "click" in OK.

I want to write the code source but use Lazarus and I have not had time here to analyze the source.

( Sorry for englisg translator )   ::)

Offline r][m

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Build 211
So far I see no problems here.
HFS just gets more awesome with each build.
Thank you Rejetto !
1 - In the tree of the virtual system of files, with "double click" on the name, we
can " rename " the object
I can already do this ??