rejetto forum

Praise and a Question ???

Guest · 5 · 2451

Gary

While nosing around in Snapfiles.Com, I ran across HFS.  I downloaded a copy and have been playing around with HFS for the past couple of days.  Excellent piece of software.  I have thoughts of incorporating HFS as a Business/Personal Server to Swap files and Information with Clients of our Small Custom Software and System Design Business, and also with Friends and Family.

I have read through all of the messages here in the Forum, played around with a couple of templates that were made available here on the Forum, and Finally Designed a Template of Our Own.  We're incorporated our Web Pages into HFS, set up a file structure, and everything works just great. Everything went together easily, and with very little effort.  My hats off to young Mr. Rejetto.  You've done and excellent job with HFS.

I do have one question that some of you other seasoned HFS users may be able to help with.  We have previously used 2 or 3 other Servers that supported PHP, and if we decide to stay with HFS, we are going to be in need of a Forum/BBS that will run without PHP and under HFS.  We don't want to use a hosted Forum, we want to run and host the Forum ourselves.  Has anyone had experience with such a Forum, and if so we would appreciate your input as to what Forum Software we should try.  Anyone and Everyone's feedback would be greatly appreciated and save us a lot of time, effort, and legwork trying to root one out for ourselves.

Thanks in Advance,

Gary

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
thank for your kind words
there is no way in HFS 2 to run a forum
PHP (CGI) support is planned for HFS 3
don't ask for dates ;)
your solution is to forsake HFS or to use it combined with another http server

traxxus

Offline JameeL/Boom

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "traxxus"
Use the best SOHO HTTP Webserver:

XAMPP

Ok traxxus ... Why you here :?:

HFS Best Server & free  :D

if you have 300$ you buy SOHO...  :twisted:

Offline mario_a

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "JameeL/Boom"
if you have 300$ you buy SOHO...  :twisted:

Just FYI, XAMPP is free software
http://www.apachefriends.org

Can't compare it with HFS, it's a full-fledged web server solution including PHP, MYSQL, and Perl.