rejetto forum

Live 2 (Project passed on to RAWR-Designs)

chrno · 298 · 243765

Jim

also javascript *only* to view the site is no good.

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Cool looking Darkmatter! really ... [one on these days I'll go for Hfs multiple instance with this Live2]
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline Michel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Is it possible to have a "non-javascript" version?
------------------
Best regards,
Michel

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I dont think so. I think Chrno wrote most of it in javascript so if it is possible it would involve alot of work rewriting it.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs

Javascript is the way of the future with HFS, with even the default template probably going to be written in AJAX. Without Javascript you can expect a lack of features.

All sites use it. Use this forum without Javascript and you will notice it acts very strangely. Javascript is really not that scary. Buy a good security software, and use browsers like Firefox and Opera and the internet is a pretty safe place nowadays with Javascript. The fears of Javascript are just stupid. And you can trust us not to put anything nasty in our code.

On the other hand... looking at HFS Live and the way it works. YES it could be possible to do alot of it without Javascript. BUT. You will loose a lot of cool features. A lot of it is written dynamically with Javascript functions. so extracting this to a basic HTML/CSS layout like the ToG will be a time consuming process. I have put alot of effort into making the ToG perfect for Javascript and Non-Javascript users. But from conversation with Chrono a few days ago, He is struggling to find the time to update 4 templates. So give him a break. And stop complaining about Javascript. TSG OUT.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:32:31 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Michel

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Where/How can I upload with this template?

Thanks.

The template is really nice. I configured my Firefox/NoScript to allow for this template/URL Javascript.
------------------
Best regards,
Michel

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I believe it works just like any other template. Just allow upload on a folder and a link should appear somewhere on the page. (rightclick on a real folder)

Tyson

I am in love with this template, but i dont know how to get it to work on the PSP, im using the black template but i cant get anything to scroll, am i forgetting to do somthing or is it just not compatible yet?

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hey there, seems like today is the day of updates, firefox, hfs, well its my turn now :)
there's only one BUT in the middle. Some of you knows my situation, my free time is almost zero, work, studies, tesis other projects, more work... Live is not a minor project and it requires a lot of time debugging and adapting things, that is why in this ocation Live Black and Live Red are not going to be released and fans will need to wait to be worked and pulished, (Live Black has changed only 1 of 5 pages, Live Red has not been worked)

There's a lot of changes but first i want to thank to all the people who participated in Live Local and Live Stream.
Thanks goes first to 3g0n and sokoolz both allowed us to use their servers as Live 2 images and contents provider, yep that's right, no more Geocities and photobucket.... ~unless you want (if so, you'll have to wait again lol)
Next I want to thank to That Steven Guy, ~i just say steven is shortter~, and ALL THE TEAM who worked in the beginnigs of MP3 Streamer for Thunderchicken of glory and Live 0.3, based of their works I developed Live Stream.
Giant Egle, flynsarmy and Stevens for the browseable tree aka "Breadcrumb code". (I copyed and adapted to live so all credits go to them)
Who else? well all the people that added me to messenger giving me their support and feedback. Ok, I think that's all

Here goes the change List:
[Added] Ability to Choice a Live 2 Web Server
[Added] Live 2 Local, your HFS provides Live 2 files
[Added] Live Stream, Listen your MP3's without download them in a new window.
[Added] (from beta to release) Live Stream direct jump to song directory and direct download (can be disabled if you want)
[Added] MSS for WMA and MP3 for audio stream through Windows Media
[Added] More Icons!
[Added] Browseable tree
[Added] Windows Live Mobile Shortcut for PSP users
[Fixed] PSP Support!! Live will detect your PSP system and will display for it withou entering to delete nothing on the code.
[Fixed] Icon replace, 100% stable.
[Fixed] Minor graphical glitches in Live Menu
[Changed] Some icons and exported in png insted of gif
[Changed] Live Menu items resorte, Search In google and Wikipeadia was removed, changed to Check my Gmail and Live Hotmail

Now you see why Live is not a minor project....
So tadaaaaa... Live 2 Ultima Blue:

English Versions

Versiones en Español (Neutro o Castellano)

Live update alert was sent to the Update Server (only for Ultima Blue versions), n_n
Enjoy Live 2.204!!

« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 03:36:53 PM by chrno »

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
while Live 2 servers get the last update i'm going to answer some questions that have been pending loong ago, ok, from the most recent ones:

I am in love with this template, but i dont know how to get it to work on the PSP, im using the black template but i cant get anything to scroll, am i forgetting to do somthing or is it just not compatible yet?
Yes, you forgot to erase a command, If you use Live Black read the first paragraph of Live template ;)
Live Blue (Ultima) 2.204 autorecognizes PSP system so you dont need to do anything (only on 2.204 versions)

Where can i upload with this template?
You can upload files with the upload icon located in the top right side of the page, wow that was basic.

Absolutely NO!!

Impractical for low bandwidth users tho lol.
I guess you're right, i've never tested Live Ultima in slow connection so i can't say how much it takes to load the first time, Live Basic is the answer to slow connections, but, once again i never tested.

Can't wait for Music Player
thanks for waiting, I hope you like the mp3 streamer as much as i do.

Live ULTIMA BLACK 2.204?
I'm working on that 1 of 5 pages has been re-adapted to the new code, Live Black is specially harder because is a modification of Live Blue, my own customization to the classic one, i really like the black version but i've made so much changes than a update wasn't easy as i though.
when this version get updated you'll get a notification on your Live Black homepage... when? don't even ask LOL

Live ULTIMA RED 2.204?
RED modification is much more simple than the black version, but i also have some problems.
I've made no updates to this template so red template fan should wait more than black fans.

Live Stream BLUE RED WHITE AND PINK?!!
yup that wass all the colors that was planned but there was some problems in between so black is the only stable one,
Blue and Red may work but sometimes (by an unknown problem) the seekbar and the seeker point doesn't works.
White and Pink were the firsts players that i made, the size is specially small but i noticed the popup windows doesn't allow to resize to that size, so the solution was obvious: a bigger player

LIVE 2 IN WII AND PS3?
i'm very curious about this, if someone can send me a screen shot would be nice, wii version may have a graphic glitch that not center the table of contents, the ps3 i dunno :)

ok, thats all, sorry for the long delay of the answers,
take care.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 08:41:14 PM by chrno »

BBinder

when downloading the black version i get the template for the blue

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
when downloading the black version i get the template for the blue

i believe only blue template available at the moment. i dont know if u talking about previous version.

Chrno, i love your new mp3 stream. however, i think i found smthing wrong. when i view my page, this message appear instead of listing the item

'); }else{document.write('');filetypes(filename,fileurl); document.write('
'+filename+' New
');} var showhide = readCookie('showhits');if (showhide == 2){showtime = "none";showhits= "none";}else if (showhide == 1){showtime = "visible";showhits= "visible";}else {showtime = "visible";showhits= "none";}document.write('19/07/2007 22:12:50
0 B0 '+txt_visits+'
');

i believe the problem happen for newly added files. ive tried for these type of files: doc, txt, htm, html. i even try uploading jpg file which result the same prob. but adding "new link" from hfs menu do not result this prob. can u please check this prob when u have time?

thanks

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server
Hi all
I think that's better make a fresh installation of HFS 2.2 build 120 and after insert tpl and folder for Live.
I have had this problem but after a new installtion all works fine
f
E allora Dio creò l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi all
I think that's better make a fresh installation of HFS 2.2 build 120 and after insert tpl and folder for Live.
I have had this problem but after a new installtion all works fine

what do you mean by "fresh installation" btw? hfs is standalone, doesnt require installation. ive tried local but still have same prob

Offline chrno

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
RADD
OMG! that shouldn't happend, can you give me the full name of the file that should appear there and the extension too

by the way is very recomendable to delete your cookies and cache
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 03:54:54 PM by chrno »