testing 2.1

rejetto · 294 · 138944

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i want to say one more thing
Quote from: "segosa"
If I visit the URL with the password embedded into it, for example http://user:pass@localhost, all links on the page will also have user:pass embedded into them.

if you look in the source, there is no user:pass.
it is your browser that simulate it.

segosa

Quote from: "rejetto"
i want to say one more thing
Quote from: "segosa"
If I visit the URL with the password embedded into it, for example http://user:pass@localhost, all links on the page will also have user:pass embedded into them.

if you look in the source, there is no user:pass.
it is your browser that simulate it.

Ah, sorry, I should have probably checked first.

Thanks.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
rejetto,

Would it be possible to add a 'Comment' section to each user account?  There is quite a bit of empty space in the existing user account window where this section could go.  The admin could then manually add new info about a user into their respective comment section.

For example, for a user to get increased access on my site, they have to register.  Part of the registration process is to get their email address which I would then respond to.  In an 'Comment' section for the user I could add their email address.  That way there is less of a chance I would lose it or get it mixed up with another user's email address.  That's just one example of what that section could be used for.  

What do you think?
maverick

HFS_user

I’m only asking,

is there an option in HFS that prevents people from using HFS ?

coz people r killing my PC with those accelerators even though I have limited the number of downloads from a single IP to 1

HFS_user

Quote from: "HFS_user"
I’m only asking,

is there an option in HFS that prevents people from using HFS ?

coz people r killing my PC with those accelerators even though I have limited the number of downloads from a single IP to 1

sorry, i meant to say: "to prevent people from using download accelerators"

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
Quote from: "HFS_user"
sorry, i meant to say: "to prevent people from using download accelerators"

First of all I doubt your pc is being killed.  By selecting max simultaneous downloads from a single address to 1, you are actually preventing people from using a download accelerator the way it was intended to be used for different file multiple downloads at the same time.  I setup mine the same way for the same reason.  You will still see the connection hits from the accelerator in your logs but don't worry about that.  If you do worry about that, you could reduce those hits by selecting Limits -> max connections from a single address -> and put whatever you like in there.  But be advised that you don't want to put a low number in there as it could affect how the user will access your pages.
maverick

Anonymous

Quote from: "maverick"
First of all I doubt your pc is being killed.  By selecting max simultaneous downloads from a single address to 1, you are actually preventing people from using a download accelerator the way it was intended to be used for different file multiple downloads at the same time.  I setup mine the same way for the same reason.  You will still see the connection hits from the accelerator in your logs but don't worry about that.  If you do worry about that, you could reduce those hits by selecting Limits -> max connections from a single address -> and put whatever you like in there.  But be advised that you don't want to put a low number in there as it could affect how the user will access your pages.

Even the requests exceeding the limit will slow down my pc.. Coz I’m not using a powerful PC ... I’m sharing the files on a local area connection only

So just imagine that one person is setting his DL accelerator to 10-streams and every 5 seconds it try to connect another 9-streams … it WILL kill my pc

Anonymous

Quote from: "Anonymous"
I’m sharing the files on a local area connection only

Well then tell them to stop using a accelerator!

Anonymous

I’m sharing the files on a local area connection only

Well then tell them to stop using accelerator!

the local area connection is inside the college campus, so its not that easy to tell everyone. PLUS, people never listen ... i already wrote a comment about it

Anyway, that is not my point ... i just asked if there was such option in HFS or not... but after those replies, i guess there isn't.

Thanks all

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I think you mean an 'anti hammer feature'. Maybe that could be done. I've seen it in FTP servers...

Code: [Select]
People using download accelerators and creating too much connections in a short time will be IP banned for X minutes

@rejetto

Just a small bug report: If you want to save the log with 'Save as...', it is saved as a *.tt file instead of a *.txt file. There could be a typo in the code. :roll:

MarkV
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline mastabog

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
A small bug report:

When "Add to HFS" is used from within the operating system's context menu (right click) and multiple files are selected then all files are added correctly into HFS but only the last file's URL is copied into clipboard. The expected behaviour is for all urls to be copied to clipboard. Right now one has to open HFS, manually select all files in question and then either press ctrl-c or select "Copy URL" from within the context menu of HFS. Not a killer but annoying nonetheless.

Thanks

traxxus

Hm no more updates ? Its a "long" time since the last update  :P

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "traxxus"
Hm no more updates ? Its a "long" time since the last update  :P

http://rejetto.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3567

Anonymous

Quote from: "MarkV"
I think you mean an 'anti hammer feature'. Maybe that could be done. I've seen it in FTP servers...

Code: [Select]
People using download accelerators and creating too much connections in a short time will be IP banned for X minutes

yeah, i'm looking for something like this .. it would help a lot

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
care with new features, it was not tested throughly

www.rejetto.com/temp/hfs2.1beta15.zip

what's new
+ Menu -> Dynamic DNS updater -> "Disable"
+ Menu -> Fingerprints
+ Menu -> URL encoding -> "Unreadable passwords in URLs"
+ Menu -> URL encoding -> "Include password in pages"
+ Self-test now cancelable
+ Log menu -> Log what -> "Only served requests" (enabled by default)
* now able to create fingerprints
- authentication didn't work for URLs http://user:pwd@host/folder (no trailing slash)
- messages "Cannot open clipboard" now trapped