rejetto forum

Testing build #220

rejetto · 46 · 31227

Offline luca69

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
When you login and you are asked for your password, if you click cancel, a page opens saying that you are not authorized… is there a way to skip this page and to come back to the previous page?

It's not that critical, just "nice to have"  ;D

I have noticed this, my router also does this. I'm not sure if its possible, if you put a redirect on that part of the template, every time someone clicks an item they are unauthorised for they will be redirected to the homepage, how annoying :P

is not possible to catch the "pressed cancel button" event and redirect to the homepage only in that case? ??? Probably not editing the template, but in the HFS code maybe yes  ::)
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Or they do know, but being scaremongers is part of their business.

Im a warmonger hehe

the software now recognizes even updated copies...
Wow thats cool 8), go Comodo! My ESS shows me that a program that connects to the internet have been changed, i like it, i love alerts

My two euro cents:
lol

I work in parallel of rejetto
You should work diagonal  :-* so we could speed up evolution  ;)

[ no ADSL these days, i'm on GPRS.
:D that is so great, we could not do that 5 years ago, or could we  ::) ::) ::) ??? ;) ;D

GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

SnakeITA

Hi ^^...Rejetto your HFS is great...I've got probelms with this release...I don't know when it appens, but this build freezes, then i have to close it from the task manager...Why?  ???

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
lol, that wasnt me  ::) Just kidding  :P, it was
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Suzi

I have a problem with every version of HFS, 2.2 and 2.3.

I tested uploads to 5 people, 2 of them get very slow and jumpy speeds. The other 3 can dowload with stable max. speed as one would expect.

I would love to see this fixed, as I love HFS and don't know any other fileserver that doesn't need installing or any services running ect.

Any instructions, so i can help?

bye, Suzi

Offline Kremlin

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
rejetto before this release i was using 214 and got no max cpu usage, but this one seems to do so every few hours. Anyway i just wanted to report this.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hi.  I upgraded from build 219 to 220 and now when I bring up HFS in my browser the latest RAWR template I'm using is all messed up.  I had to drop back down to 219 (or just use the default template).  

strange. there are lots of rawr users out there, i didn't see any problem like this reported.
TSG ?

However, my main issue was that while using HFS 219, I started downloading several files at the same time by right clicking and selecting "Save link as...".  Two of the files saved completely, but were corrupt when I tried to open them.  

if you have some limits set, saving may face those limits, and what will your browser download will just be the warning message.
in such case, those files should be very small.

The third file stopped in the middle of downloading and would not resume.  

HFS supports resuming. Maybe the program you are using to download does not.

The server (which I'm away from) is now dead.  I can't even get it to display the HFS home page and will need to reset it when I get back to where it's located.

if the server is dead, that may be a good reason for the resuming to not work :)

1). Can HFS handle downloading multiple files at one time?
2). Could the cause be using the RAWR template rather than the default one?
3). Is there a proper way to download via HFS rather than "Save link as..."?

1. yes, absolutely
2. as above, it's known to be correctly working
3. yes, just click on the file, it's the default behavior. If you don't get the download dialog, then HFS may be configured this way for that kind of file you are testing. The option is "open directly in browser".

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
When you login and you are asked for your password, if you click cancel, a page opens saying that you are not authorized… is there a way to skip this page and to come back to the previous page?

not with current system.
your cancel is just a request without necessary password. such request should not be replied with the homepage.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
[ no ADSL these days, i'm on GPRS.
:D that is so great, we could not do that 5 years ago, or could we  ::) ::) ::) ??? ;) ;D

yes, i was already doing it ;)
just today i got my adsl back!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I tested uploads to 5 people, 2 of them get very slow and jumpy speeds. The other 3 can dowload with stable max. speed as one would expect.

from what you say it is likely that is has nothing to do with your side (hfs) but it's up their network.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
rejetto before this release i was using 214 and got no max cpu usage, but this one seems to do so every few hours. Anyway i just wanted to report this.

1. after few hours it takes max cpu for awhile or forever?
2. what if you revert to 214? does the problem disappear?

Suzi

from what you say it is likely that is has nothing to do with your side (hfs) but it's up their network.
Hm, but these people have no problems downloading from anywhere else, this seems to occur only in HFS.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
weird case.
what i would do:
ensure from the logs that they are actually not reaching HFS.
if they do, then find more on what's preventing the request from being fulfilled.
if they don't, install another similar software (or even an ftp server) to see if the problem persists.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
This build works perfectly fine with RAWR-Template, ToG and Terayon. How else would I be testing the latest RAWR-Player build with it :D

On a side note, the streaming with RAWR-Player thing I posted earlier doesn't seem to be a bug, its more of a feature of the latest Flash Player, I think it only uses as much bandwidth as is required to stream the video. You can force it to speed up if the connection is faster, by trying to seek further into the timeline, but it will then throttle it down again. This is also nice as it will reduce the load on peoples servers, with the RAWR-Player only taking what it needs. There was a time when this would have to be manually programmed in actionscript, but its nice to know I don't have to bother anymore ;D. So it doesn't appear to be a bug :).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 06:30:10 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Kremlin

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It's actually a bit random but i've caught it at least 2 times since i changed to 220 (about a week ago?), anyway in 214 never seem'd to get max cpu that's why i sticked with it at that time. Reversing it would take some time to check if it doesn't do it anymore since it only happens every so often.