rejetto forum

Auto Pop-Up of Transfers Window

Guest · 8 · 4463

austin_notloggedin

Is there any way to make it so the transfers window (AKA Progress Window) will pop up automatically once the user tries to upload a file in the RAWR template?  People just aren't smart enough to figure out that even though it doesn't look like anything is being uploaded, it is and no one knows they have to click the "Transfers" link in order to see their upload progress. ::)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Find the function that fires when an upload is commenced, I think its disBtns or something. And place openTransfers(); at the bottom above the '}'... should do what you want...

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Tested, it does  ;)

Austin you have to modify rawr_main.js like this:

/* Upload JS */
var f=0;
function addInput() {
   f++;
   fr=document.upfrm;
   mr=fr.more;
   document.getElementById('f'+f).style.display='block';
   if(f>=9)mr.disabled='disabled';
}
function disableBtns() {
   fr=document.upfrm;
   fr.upbtn.disabled=fr.more.disabled='disabled';
   openTransfers();
}

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks a lot guys.  It works 100%.  This is why I need to learn Javascript better.  One question though.  I don't use popup blockers myself, so how would a popup blocker affect this new function?  Is there any way to make it pop up like the RAWR player does?  The RAWR player doesn't use another browser window so it shouldn't be able to be affected by popup blockers, right?

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Well firefox and most modern browsers have a built in popup blocker, and it hasn't stopped it yet. Not possible with the preview box, not without a lot of work.

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
That's okay.  I'm going to try something with a flash popup window.  Don't know if it'll work, but if it does it'll definitely be something I integrate into my permanent template.

austin_notloggedin

Just one other question.  Is there a way to make this thing only pop up if the file is say....2mb or larger?  Having it pop up for a 23k office document is rather useless and annoying.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs