rejetto forum

HELP! I can locally browse my server, but my friends cannot.

Guest · 47 · 26584

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "digested_cat89"
Hi,

Thanks for all the help, but I still have the problem  >:(

Here are screenshots of what I did, please could you tell me if I have done something wrong :?: :

Setting up Static IP Address:

The properties I set my internet to:

My Virtual Servers settings:

My HFS screenshot:

PLEASE HELP ME  :!:

THANKS  :D
From the looks of it your HSF port is set to 89 and your router is set to port 80 these have to be the same

I would suggest you use port 8080 on both HFS and your router virtual machine settings.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Hi,

Thanks for all the help, but I still have the problem  >:(

Here are screenshots of what I did, please could you tell me if I have done something wrong :?: :

Setting up Static IP Address:

The properties I set my internet to:

My Virtual Servers settings:

My HFS screenshot:

PLEASE HELP ME  :!:

THANKS  :D
From the looks of it your HSF port is set to 89 and your router is set to port 80 these have to be the same

I would suggest you use port 8080 on both HFS and your router virtual machine settings.

Sorry I wasn’t logged in

But that’s what I did was use port 8080 and everything worked.

The other ports didn’t seem to work.

digested_cat89

Hi,

I tried to set my Virtual Servers to 8080 like you said:

http://picshosted.com/v/3538/Virtual Servers.bmp

And my HFS port to 8080.

How do I fix it?  :cry2:

digested_cat89

My friend can't view my HFS site, can someone else try?:

http://192.168.2.2:8080/Incoming

Can someone please help me, this is a great program that sends the files at great speeds and I would like to be able to do this with my friend.

Thanks  :D

Offline silky

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hi  digest,

the link to your site specifies your internal lan address  . it needs to specify
your external IP address.

HFS can find you this, goto to menu, then select IP address, then select FIND EXTERNAL ADDRESS.

send me a new link and i could try it

silky

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi,

I tried to set my Virtual Servers to 8080 like you said:

http://picshosted.com/v/3538/Virtual Servers.bmp

And my HFS port to 8080.

How do I fix it?  :cry2:

I thought you had a linksys router thats a Belkin router Utility

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
yah you have to give him your external ip now I will post a screenshot on owt to obtain that.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Go to 'Menu-Ip address-Find external address' like in the pick here

Then it will show here and you give your friends this address that you get here with the port included.

Anonymous

Yes, it works. THANKS A MILLION  :D

But howcome my friend can only download at 30kb/s when before at my local LAN IP I could download at over 1000kb/s?

:^^:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Anonymous"
Yes, it works. THANKS A MILLION  :D

But howcome my friend can only download at 30kb/s when before at my local LAN IP I could download at over 1000kb/s?

:^^:
That's probably your maximum upload bandwidth or your friend's maximum download bandwidth.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Because your friend is probably on a 3mbps connection that’s 3megabits a sec and to get that to kilobytes you would use this formula now because there is 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte we do 1024 * 3 = 3072 now kilobits are different from kilobytes so we take 3072 / 8 because there is 8bits in a byte and you get 345kilobytes a sec download now for his up load its probably 256kbps so we will do 256 / 8 because we want to convert kilobits to kilobytes so it will = 32 now assuming you have the same connection as your friend you will upload to him at a max of 32kilobytes. On the LAN side with most wireless routers you will get 54mbps that 'megabits per sec' not 'megabytes per sec' so in order to find the speed of 54megsbits to convert to kilobytes we will do this 1024 * 54 = 55296 / 8 = 6912 so your wireless router can reach speeds of 6912kilobytes a sec to see how that is in megabytes we do 6912 / 1024 = 6.75megabytes a sec I hope you were able to understand this it can get confusing sometimes.

Anonymous

Quote from: "SiY11"
I hope you were able to understand this it can get confusing sometimes.
Actually your calculation is wrong for megabits.

b = bits
B = Bytes

You are using a factor of 1024 in your conversions which is for Bytes not bits. 1 megabit = 1000 bits.  Therefore, for example,  a 3 megabit connection would give you a download speed of  3 * 1000 / 8 = 375 kB/s (less  any overhead).

Your reference to upload bandwidth of 256 kb/s should be 256 kB/s.  Your calculation for this ended up correct (less any overhead).

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hmmm I always thought there were 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte well I guess I was wrong thanks for the correction.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Nope I was right there are exactly 1024 kilobytes in a megabyte

Code: [Select]
1,024 Byte = 1 Kilobyte (KB)
1,024 Kilobyte (KB) = 1 Megabyte (MB)
1,073,741,824 Bytes = 1 Gigabyte (GB)
1 Gigabyte (GB) = 1,024 Megabyte (MB)

You can check on a calculator using this table.