rejetto forum

Problems getting FHFS running

d95gas · 6 · 5564

Offline d95gas

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi All,

downloaded the latest release (2.1) of FHFS, extracted the files from the zip, and ran the file FHFS_Launcher and then select START SERVER.

FHFS starts up fine and minimises to the task bar, but gives me the following message "your server appears to be unconfigured and you must run the installer (opened automatically) to complete initial setup.

A web pages opens to the address: http://127.0.0.1/  but only displays "The web page cannot be found".

Tried reading any notes, but cannot seem to pinpoint where I am going wrong.......and its going to drive me nuts :-)

Excellent work, and I will be even happier once this is running and I can then rest in peace.

Oh...Important stuff.  I am running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.

Regards to all

Graeme

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Well.... first click on the HFS icon in the system tray and verify that the server is actually switched to on.

If it is, the only thing I can think of after that is a firewall issue.  Try disabling windows firewall or anything else you're running and then let me know if it works.  If the firewall is the problem, you can probably set up special rules to allow FHFS to run.

Offline d95gas

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Firewall and AV disabled and I can confirm that FHFS is running.   It states the service is installed, it then states that the server appears to be unconfigured, then opens IE and goes to: http://127.0.0.1/   and the page displays HTTP 404 Not Found.

My system is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, running Internet explorer version 9

Baffling to say the least

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
That's odd....

Is anything appearing in the log in the main HFS window?

Also try using another browser or going to http://localhost/

Wait wait wait.... you said IE says '404 page not found'?  In that case it would seem as if IE connected to FHFS just fine but FHFS is having an internal error.  Does the 404 page look like an FHFS page?  Maybe a screenshot.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 11:24:47 PM by raybob »

Offline ipaidthebills

• Occasional poster
  • If "Crime Don't Pay!Does that make my job a crime?
    • View Profile
Had same prob! What fixed it for me is Completely uninstalling any other web server/File server first!
I had hfs installed & nothing but same prob's until I uninstalled hfs then re installed fhfs!

Hope this helps! ???

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Yeah you definitely can't run FHFS and HFS or anything else at the same time if they're running on the same port.  If FHFS and HFS are set to run on different ports then it *should* work.