• View Profile
BUG #3: Multiple Users Bug
* Access for users now grayed?
* 1. Menu -> Other Options -> Users
   2. Add -> test -> Ok "CAP the K :lol:"
   3. Menu -> Other Options -> Users
   4. HFS Crashes

BUG #4: Upload Overwrite Problems
Upload could overwrite currently existing files.

BUG#5: Upload User Permissions Bug
Upload permissions could only be set to ANYONE. Cannot select any users.

COMMENT #3: HFS Freezes During Upload Process
HFS freezes on upload until upload is finished, cannot see process.

COMMENT #4: Refresh Rate For Real Folders
If user were to delete a file in a folder shared by HFS, sometimes HFS will not refresh and the file stays in the view of HFS. Then HFS reports a 200 OK response and also with a huge content size. Although HFS responses, the transfer will not start as the file isn't on the drive.

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Bug #4 - is it a bug ? I don't think so. It should overwrite. Want  a confirm dialog ? maybe ...

Bug #5 - Yes it seems that somehing is wrong there, It used to work in alfa 2

Bug #6 - try upload 50 MB file. Windows 98 crashed the second time I uploaded it , with "insuficiant system resources "

Bug #7 - the progress bar (bottom of the browser) is not correct. I suggest to implement a real progress bar. Also - missing - the upload rate on both the server and client sides.

Bug #8 - trying F5 (refresh) after upload finished - restarts the upload again... I suggest to open a new browser window for the upload files dialog. so people can use the other window to see progress (by F5) until u implement one.

edit:
comment #5 - make the file-names edit boxes longer. it is hard to see long path names...

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Bug #4 - is it a bug ? I don't think so. It should overwrite. Want  a confirm dialog ? maybe ...
Is it possible on the browser side to do a confirmation popup? Might be possible on JavaScript... But browser will have to complete it's POST command first... Maybe HFS could name it like HFS(1).exe, HFS (2) or something.

Bug #5 - Yes it seems that something is wrong there, It used to work in alpha 2
Maybe because the "Users" feature is currently buggy.

Bug #6 - try upload 50 MB file. Windows 98 crashed the second time I uploaded it , with "insufficient system resources "
Yea, maybe it's just for local only since local-local connections have very high data rates and HFS have to process a lot in a short time. (Similar to Comment #3.)

Bug #7 - the progress bar (bottom of the browser) is not correct. I suggest to implement a real progress bar. Also - missing - the upload rate on both the server and client sides.
For my knowledge, it's not possible to implement a real progress bar onto a HTTP webpage while the POST command is going. Although it might be possible for HFS to create an additional page where users could view their upload progress. Otherwise, something like a Java applet will be needed to view progress in real-time.

Bug #8 - trying F5 (refresh) after upload finished - restarts the upload again... I suggest to open a new browser window for the upload files dialog. so people can use the other window to see progress (by F5) until u implement one.
Don't know really what you want there. But then if you are trying to see progress on the upload pending page, then no. This is because the browser have to completes it POST command before HFS could send anything back. (Pressing F5 on the browser window will cause the upload to restart.) But as I said before, it is possible for HFS to create a new page (ex. uploadprogress.htm) so that users could go to that page and view their upload progress.

edit:
comment #5 - make the file-names edit boxes longer. it is hard to see long path names...
Where is the file name edit boxes? The upload fields?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURE REQUEST
F1: Password Protected Uploads
F2: Move uploads to folder "x"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Corrected Spelling Errors :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Nanackleman"
It is probably not a fresh config... what is the best way to start with a new config?
hold SHIFT key while starting

sources at www.rejetto.com/temp/hfs.src.zip

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
bug#3a  what?

bug#3b  fixed

bug#4   it is the meant behaviour

bug#5   i can't reproduce it

bug#6   i uploaded 50MB monitoring USER and GDI resources, and memory too. no increment was observed.

bug#7   bottom of the browser? IE bug, you should stop using that IE thing :) i can't do a progress because i can only reply to the POST command when the upload has finished. we can have a /~progress page, with auto-refresh and a link to it in the upload page (with target=_blank).

bug#8   this is not a bug, but we can avoid it by sending a page with a reload command in it. so the POST command switch to a GET. i don't think it is good to force people to open a new page. most browser has it as an option, and that's enough.

comment#3  i guess you tested it locally. try lowering the upload speed.

comment#4  i can't reproduce it

comment#5  done

fr#1    why?

fr#2    why?

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
B3A: Cannot select "Access for users" for any files when accessing the file menu.

B4: Could you make HFS to upload like HFS(1).exe when HFS.exe already exists? (For better security)

B5: When a user is added in the Users tab, the username doesn't show in the Upload-> menu.

B7: /~progress would be great!

C4: I only got it once... I will let you know when it happens again.

F1/F2: I could say passive uploads, in case someone don't want their uploads public. Since users cannot control the file once it's uploaded on HFS.

Offline catgirl

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
save file display error dialog box! (at time)

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
bug#6   i uploaded 50MB monitoring USER and GDI resources, and memory too. no increment was observed.
Try to download it twice
bug#7   bottom of the browser? IE bug, you should stop using that IE thing :) i can't do a progress because i can only reply to the POST command when the upload has finished. we can have a /~progress page, with auto-refresh and a link to it in the upload page (with target=_blank).
A good idea. I think I pointed before to a free sample of one.
I think the user should have an option to choose if to have the upload button pop up a new web page/window. Then the upload directory can have a autorefresh thing and can serve for progress  monitoring.

bug#8   this is not a bug, but we can avoid it by sending a page with a reload command in it. so the POST command switch to a GET. i don't think it is good to force people to open a new page. most browser has it as an option, and that's enough.
See #7 . give it as an option.

Offline TGeRi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "TGeRi"
What happened to the forum?

and to the V 2.0 development ?

Offline Mr. Anon

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It seems that the server has crashed and all data is lost.
I think rejetto has restored the forum from his backups.  :?

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Mr. Anon"
It seems that the server has crashed and all data is lost.
I think rejetto has restored the forum from his backups.  :?
Was it running on HFS software ?  ;)  :D

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the db server give up
i don't know what exactly happened