rejetto forum

The Future of HFS Live 2

TSG · 38 · 15543

Offline mysoogal

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
tsg, possible if you can also add jpg support so the template also displays jpg in thumbnail style instead of the icons :O

i have posted before here about this thing http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7166.0 but it seems not much interests  :-\

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I already have a thumbnail system replicating the Live 2 one, I wont be making something like that. It would break the html/css layout. Something you can achieve on your own I think. If you make a thumbnail view, you need to make a thumbnail view for every file/folder/link, and this template has a tile effect, I'm not going to be changing it.

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
This template is going to be nothing but bare bone basics.  We'll have to add everything to it including the delete feature, rename feature, new folder creation feature, and I'm also going to work on a "view type" feature.  I might even try to make a dynamic slider like Windows Vista has for resizing the icons and thumbnails on a certain page.  Of course that's gonna take a really good icon set in .png format so it'll take a lot of bandwidth.  If I'm dumping RAWR for this it's gonna have to be good so I'm going to be spending a lot of time customizing this kickin' template. ;D

But I do agree with TSG about the check boxes.  They don't belong on this template or the RAWR template.  That's why I'm using a textbox for each function.  To impliment the delete, rename, and new folder function I'll be using text boxes.  I might be able to make them look decent on the actual Live template itself, but I don't think so.  I'm going to use a dynamic page tabbing system coded in straight CSS so just a button will be on the actual page.  Then when the user hovers over the "delete" button, a small window will drop down and ask them to type in the file/folder name that they want to delete.  It may not be perfect, but it's the best I can do.

These functions such as delete are very useful and shouldn't just be in an admin panel.  If your friends are uploading files to your server, the should be able to have total control over their files.  If they don't, then what's the point in doing it?

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I kinda replied to you here: http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=7174.msg1045137#msg1045137 Sapphirescales

Live 3 is in bug testing at the moment, I expect to release the first version very soon.

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sounds good.  I've already come to the conclusion that I'll have to add all the neat features I want myself until RAWR-X comes out.  I might actually create individual delete buttons for each file, but I don't know what I can do until I see the actual code itself.  I'm still eagerly awaiting it's release.  I'm sick of RAWR.  It looks.....old sorry to say.  It matches Windows XP perfectly, but with the cool interfaces of Windows Vista and Windows 7, it just looks old and dry.  I can't wait to take Live 3 apart.  I'll figure something out to get the features I need on it.

Offline nukie

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sapphirescales, would you mind sharing the modified Live 3 template when you finished?

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Check out the link in my sig.  You can use my older version of Live 3 (the one I was making when I made the posts in this topic), or you can wait for my newest version (check page 3 in the topic to see a screenshot).