rejetto forum

Printing List of Folder Names

Chaz · 11 · 4065

Offline Chaz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I've been hosting a slew of folders with various contents, but I'd like to print out a list of what I have / have HFS output all folder names into a .txt or .doc file. 

I was wondering if HFS had this feature? Or would I just have to copy and paste 'n edit into a word processor?

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
This function was earlier mentionned and said to be accepted :

Quote from: rejetto
i asked you for the content of a supposed txt.
anyway, i guess you want a "map" of your virtual file system in txt/html format. is it so?

Don't know if it's ok by now

Re : http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=3743.msg1018336#msg1018336
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline Chaz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ah, so it's being worked on.  The sendspace links didn't work, but no complaints if it's not "official" yet. Thanks for the update.

*looks forward to full implementation*

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
no, it is in the to-do-list, you can see.
in the while you can have similar feature by customizing the filelist.tpl and accessing "file list". it is actually a txt.

and the exe files you find in that posts mentioned above, have nothing to do with this feature. it was an OT  ::)

Offline Chaz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Do you mean the .vfs file?  I'm assuming you're talking about the Virtual Server's file name that I save it as, because I can't find any .tpl file.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Chaz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: HFS Wiki
If the options are saved in disk (file hfs.ini) then the template is also saved to disk (file named hfs.tpl).

I see a hfs.ini in the directory that HFS resides, however I do not see any .tpl file.  I have tried deleting the .ini and resaving the options but that still does not create a .tpl file.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Chaz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
If you'll note my quote on the previous post I did search filelist as suggested.

The only other sentence in the wiki that resembles filelist is this command:

Quote from: HFS Wiki

Address line operators can be used in HTML eg. href="/~login" and in the address command line of the browser eg. www.yoursite.com/~login.

~files.lst
    inserts HTML from filelist.tpl if exists in hfs.exe folder, otherwise produces ASCII file list of the requested folder

I fail to see how that's supposed to generate it unless you're inputting that through some command line via HFS that I don't know about.  Putting that line into a browser is the equivalent of trying to access a folder called "~files.lst"

Any clarifications would be helpful.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
searching "filelist", the first result is www.rejetto.com/wiki/?title=HFS:_Hidden_things

and reports
~files.lst can be customized. Simply create a text file named filelist.tpl and add it to the folder that contains hfs.exe. Then, insert this content:
%files%

[files]
%list%

[file]
http://%host%%encoded-folder%%item-url%

Edit this template to fit your needs.

Offline Chaz

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks. Apparently I'm too blind to see the #1 search result  :o

Must be due to lack of sleep  :-X