rejetto forum

Web Host

Offline desireone

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello, I have been looking over the forum for days. Also, I have been trying to figure this our - but to no avail.

I am trying to use HFS to host my website and my domain name - pingroot.info

From the localhost I am able to type in pingroot.info and I see the HFS default page.
(I do not know if this works for anyone outside of my network feel free to try and let me know)

I would like to host my website through HFS, now I can put it in the files and host it that way but I want it to go directly to the html file and completely bypass the HFS default page.

How can I do this?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
as you may know, a domain is just translated to the address made of numbers, then only this latter is used.

You set the number address to your computer address, that has a meaning only in your local network.
That address doesn't exist on the internet.

What you had to do is: use your router's address, then instruct the router to forward requests to your computer (search "port forwarding").

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Go to Menu > HTML Template > Edit, then start making changes as you see fit.  Read the wiki for info on how sections and macros work.  Quite a lot can be done with macros.

Offline desireone

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
that is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I would like to host my website through HFS, now I can put it in the files and host it that way but I want it to go directly to the html file and completely bypass the HFS default page.  How can I do this?

i forgot about this.

By default, HFS will use your index.html or default.html page and will bypass its internal page.
So you just need to provide this file.