rejetto forum

The Throwback (retro) template. With large folder and mobile support.

danny · 129 · 150835

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I browsed a folder with 1200 photos with your tpl, enabled thumbnails, and got no errors, all loaded at first attempt.  I repeated the test while a script was bombing with tens of requests per second on the same address (127.0.0.1), no errors and the photos continued to be downloaded and watched.
Glad to hear that the newly revised image lazyload script is working as expected. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2020, 12:15:10 PM by danny »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
you asked for the "top speed" of the graph, but it is not good for you, IMO.
it is the top speed of the stuff you see in the chart, and it is reset now and then.
You, instead, probably want to keep the top until restart.
You should build this information with events.
Something like

[every 1 sec]
set|#top| max|#top|%speed-out%

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
...[every 1 sec]
set|#top| max|#top|%speed-out%

Thought I would do %sym-speed% positioned after loading page/script.
Also [sym-speed]
{.set|#top| max|#top|%speed-out%.}

Unfortunately, {.^#top.} output is not numeric. 
Output is the word  max

P.S. Not using events file because this project uses only 1 file, which is only the template.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:08:18 PM by danny »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Thought I would do %sym-speed% positioned after loading page/script.

if you do that, you will measure just what's the speed of the server at the time a list is ready to be sent (before) to the browser. The very first time it will likely be zero, because nothing is sent yet. And even after it will not be meaningful, and in the worst case will never consider the speed generated by files download.
These commands happen on the server, so a command  put "after" is still "before" for the client.
HFS itself calculates the speed each second, so sampling it each second should produce a good result.

as a side note, don't use sym- to load a section, it's deprecated, a v2.2 thing, will likely be removed soon. Use {.$nameOfTheSection.} instead, which is a shortcut for the 'section' command'.

Unfortunately, {.^#top.} output is not numeric.  Output is the word  max

max is a command and requires its brackets
{.set|#top| {.max|{.^#top.}|%speed-out%.} .}

P.S. Not using events file because this project uses only 1 file, which is only the template.

i hope we'll have a solution to this in the near future
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:26:15 AM by rejetto »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if you do that, you will measure just what's the speed of the server at the time a list is ready to be sent (before) to the browser. The very first time it will likely be zero, because nothing is sent yet.
Thanks!!  The numeric result helps.  And, I was just thinking that it would be necessary to add validation, such as if <1 then set #top to 122 (1 megabit) to get it started. I haven't made anything reliant on this metric yet--I just want the information available. 
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 07:10:19 AM by danny »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Today is the 2nd Anniversary of Throwback template + DJ's original music shuffle player.

Two years ago, I wanted Hfs to work for any sort of connection and for any size folder.  After that got done, I wanted it to rock (or other music).  By now, it has rocked for 365*2 = 730 days so far.  Fault tolerant and sure to play music. . .  Thanks DJ!

Here is Throwback 2nd Anniversary release (which also begins the XHTML update).  For Rejetto's HFS 2.4 RC5 and HFS 2.4 RC7.

Edit:  I've posted a copy of this file as Throwback14v2-for-HFS2.4.tpl at Post#1.  Future versions will be based on this.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 10:09:25 PM by danny »

Offline easyspot

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
this template is good n fast but it will be better can display folder.jpg as folder icon
btw how to make the music player not going shuffled? changed to shuffle=0 but still shuffled. thanks.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 11:30:57 AM by easyspot »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
this template is good n fast but it will be better can display folder.jpg as folder icon btw how to make the music player not going shuffled? changed to shuffle=0 but still shuffled. thanks.
The usual option is to click the icon next to the music filename, and then it should play that particular file first.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 06:25:01 AM by danny »

Offline danny

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
The new files are available at Post#1
(previous version was put into historic.zip)

For Throwback14v6:
+ Icon update so that the features are easier
+ New error-redirection pages for file integrity
+ HFS2.4 version login gets the right target
+ More responsive on phone/tablet screens
+ Photoviewer/slideshow has image file name
+ Musicplayer: mp3, m4a, ogg, aac, wma, flac
+ More ondemand & Less RQ load = even faster
+ Compressed javascript for some data savings
+ Navigation caching for HFS2.3 and HFS2.4 too 

Do feel free to comment...
« Last Edit: April 25, 2021, 09:43:48 PM by danny »