rejetto forum

User Database - Restore how?

Offline Paul2019

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
My HFS server was rebooted about a week ago and the entire config was gone.  I did back up the file system so no actual files were lost.  I restored the file system configuration with the HFS.vfs file.  However I had to recreate all of the users and their passwords, and then apply the permissions to the folders.  My question is:  how can you restore the full configuration of the site, including user accounts and permissions?  Thank you.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
welcome Paul!
the users are stored in the configuration, separated from the file system.
By default the options (configuration) is saved in the windows' registry, and may not be handy for backups.
If you prefer you just have to "save options" > to file
and you get an "hfs.ini" that you can backup together with your .vfs file

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
When loading a vfs, any non-existent account loses the associated permissions, they are deleted without warning, it is absolutely necessary to keep the existing authorizations otherwise all the restricted files and directories become accessible for all,

the ideal would be to be able automatically to add the missing accounts with a random password in disable mode with the agreement of the administrator, he could then decide to permanently delete  thouse acconts and their permisions or only reactivate the restored accounts
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 05:07:01 PM by Mars »