rejetto forum

2 Ips - load balance

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have two IPs, two cable modem hooked up to dual wan router, i have two ips how can i make it so it load balance between two. I use no-ip but what would be the best way to have both IPs working to load balance. Right now i have no-ip setup in hfs which constantly does dns updates to no-ip.

Also any ways to make hfs show new file sign next to file in folder, right now it only seems to put new file logo on the folder.

Lastly is it possible to send message to connected user?

Thanks

edit: i just realized i posted topic in templates forum, sorry about that
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 04:11:31 AM by slasherx »

Offline elbiatcho1

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The router itself should have load balancing and are more expensive.
Some people might use a cheap machine and set that up to be used as an advanced router.

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
my router does load balance, my question is how do i get no-ip to work to randomly go to one of the ips. lets say i have a user on one ip and next user trying to login in should go to other ip.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
> Also any ways to make hfs show new file sign next to file in folder, right now it only seems to put new file logo on the folder.

it works for virtual folders. i don't it works on real ones, because HFS should monitor that folder, and it doesn't.

Lastly is it possible to send message to connected user?

not with any template i know.
such function may probably be created, but it's hard, and it's much easier to install a shoutbox. Google for: free shoutbox

edit: i just realized i posted topic in templates forum, sorry about that

no problem, moved.
my advice is to create a new topic for every different problem you have.

I have two IPs, two cable modem hooked up to dual wan router, i have two ips
how can i make it so it load balance between two. I use no-ip but what would be the best way to have both IPs working to load balance. Right now i have no-ip setup in hfs which constantly does dns updates to no-ip.

i know no solution based on no-ip.
and it's quite complicated to get load-balancing with hfs (if possible at all!), so if you are not a programmer, i wouldn't even start discussing it. sorry