rejetto forum

Testing build #117

rejetto · 54 · 32189

Poll

Do you like the new Interface, without the On/Off button?

Yes
No

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
download at www.dovedove.it/hfs/hfs117.exe

what's new
- bad behaviour when the port is busy

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Can you put a letter space before the word 'Port' in the next beta :) Cause you have one after the port number and the text isn't center on the button, other than that its a snazzy feature... and i cant seem to find any strange behavior on when the server is in use and you change port now.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i love the new look, i think less confusing for newcomers. congrats and thanks

Offline KalleB

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Looks very very good now.. and seems stable enough to me (exept the small-file-uploading bug and autoupdate bug on one of my machines - other 3 work ok). So I'd say we're quite ready for stable release...

EDIT: You might also fix these two double separators:
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 11:40:00 AM by KalleB »

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
this is only small problem. when i run hfs, for the 1st time, open other option> user accounts.. the new window will fall to the back of main window. but no serious prob actually, we still can select the account window, and if we close and open the account window again it will open normally.

i,ve tried many times and it happens. i dont know if this thing call "bugs"

however, the problem is nothing actually. not a big deal

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
It would make a little more sense if the port change alertbox was reworded. If you enter
80.5 it says 'Numbers only' but 80.5 is a number...
Maybe 'Valid integers between 1 and 57599 only' would be a more appropriate message.

Also, why was the 'on' button removed? If i've kept my VFS but have lost my settings file,
I have lost all my user account information and my HFS is vulnerable until i create a
temporary account to block everything with. It made more sense to have the on-off button,
even if it's the first item in the 'Menu' drop down for security purposes.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Also, why was the 'on' button removed? If i've kept my VFS but have lost my settings file,
I have lost all my user account information and my HFS is vulnerable until i create a
temporary account to block everything with. It made more sense to have the on-off button,
even if it's the first item in the 'Menu' drop down for security purposes.

im sorry but i dont understand how on/off button have something to do with option file? actually the function (on/off) is still there, on in normal condition, we can turn it off in the menu then on again by click at button appeared only in off mode. the different from previous- location of the button. isnt it?

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
you are correct radd. there is no need for the old button anymore.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the point is: you rarely need to turn it OFF, so why keep it in your face?

the button to turn ON is in your face just because newbies need a message to know it is OFF, and the message is also a button to turn ON.

Offline radd

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the point is: you rarely need to turn it OFF, so why keep it in your face?

the button to turn ON is in your face just because newbies need a message to know it is OFF, and the message is also a button to turn ON.

yeah.. very true. i just exit the prog instead turn it off. as long as i remember, i only use off button to change port number.. which is not necessary anymore since now we can change it without turn off

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It would make a little more sense if the port change alertbox was reworded. If you enter
80.5 it says 'Numbers only' but 80.5 is a number...
Maybe 'Valid integers between 1 and 57599 only' would be a more appropriate message.

for a techie... i guess most people prefer something like (not necessarily exactly) "numbers only"

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Can you put a letter space before the word 'Port' in the next beta :) Cause you have one after the port number

there's no letter space after... the lack of space before is caused by the lack of icon.
i have no good/neat/nice icon for it. you can propose.

Cisco

hey rejetto i cant say i like this build i dont like the new look i like the old look better and how it worked i've been using this program for over a year now and i love it but how it is now and you removed the on and off thing and how you changed things around i cant say im likeing the program as much can you change the old look back please and thanks i normally do not post on here but i had to as i dont wanna see this happen to the program thanks

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
hey rejetto i cant say i like this build i dont like the new look i like the old look better and how it worked i've been using this program for over a year now and i love it but how it is now and you removed the on and off thing and how you changed things around i cant say im likeing the program as much can you change the old look back please and thanks i normally do not post on here but i had to as i dont wanna see this happen to the program thanks

I am unsure if this is spam, it has no punctuation at all. What is the point of the post? You don't like not having the On/Off button?

It had no purpose? Why have useless objects on the interface. There is no need to turn the server on or off? Close HFS and its off?

I have not once had a need for the the On/Off button. Except of course when I first started up my HFS and input the port i wanted to listen on. Since then. I just close HFS to turn off.

I have added a Poll to this thread.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 05:27:31 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile
just passing by ... not much time anymore.
The old look is much more intuitive. just my 2 cents.
~GeeS~