2.0 coming...

rejetto · 1151 · 539125

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "oroill"
Quote from: "rejetto"
what was you doing when the error did pop up?
my friend was viewing the main page.
from a quick look to the report, it seems it is not related to what your friend was doing, but to what you was doing

Offline oroill

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i wasn't doing anything. only thing related with hfs was that.

Anonymous

Rejetto:

Don't count as Download...

V2.0 beta 17

The Don't count as Download option "only" appears and is available for the root (/), folders and sub-folders - real or virtual.  **BUT** is not available for individual files (greyed-out).  Is that the way it is supposed to work??

The reason why I ask, is that it isn't working for my logo.jpg which is included in the root as well as in folders and sub-folders so the logo is loaded when any folder page opens.  Even though the *.jpg is used in the Don't count as Download in all of my folders and root, the logo.jpg is still counted "every time" a page opens.  Of course I have the logo.jpg hidden so it doesn't show up as a file available for download in my pages, but this file is definitely counted everytime it is loaded.  All I have to do is unhide the file to see the hundreds of hits.

I don't think the Don't count as Download option is working correctly.  If it is, tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I also believe that a person should be able to select "any" file within a folder to not count as a download, but that option isn't available to individual files.

Please advise.  Thank you.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
please, report the "dount count as download" file mask you specified in the root, so i can know if it is a bug or you are doing something wrong

i expect you are using a wrong file mask. like "*.jpg" and a file name "logo.jpeg" (notice the extra "e").

anyway, it seems a good idea to extend that feature to files.
ATM the feature is a "filemask". a file mask makes sense to folders. but i could implement it also as a flag.
i don't know if this will come in 2.0

Anonymous

please, report the "dount count as download" file mask you specified in the root, so i can know if it is a bug or you are doing something wrong

i expect you are using a wrong file mask. like "*.jpg" and a file name "logo.jpeg" (notice the extra "e").

anyway, it seems a good idea to extend that feature to files.
ATM the feature is a "filemask". a file mask makes sense to folders. but i could implement it also as a flag.
i don't know if this will come in 2.0
Here is a copy of my don't count as download root settings.  The first 3 items are your defaults.
*.htm;*.html;*.css;*.jpg

I don't use *.jpeg anywhere.  That extension is not used here.  I looked over everything here carefully and don't see anything wrong with the way I setup the don't count as download in the root or folders.

Hope you can't figure this out and please let me know.  Thanks

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i put that filemask on my root, put a logo.jpg file, and it is NOT counted.

you can contact me on ICQ (13324358) so we can work in real-time on this issue.

Anonymous

Rejetto,

Another note about the don't count as download problem explained above:

I once had a *.html file in my file listings.  Everytime that html file was opened it counted as a download  with hits in the hits column even though as you can see in the above post, *.html is included as a default in the don't count as download in the root.

Don't count as download doesn't seem to be working.

Anonymous

i put that filemask on my root, put a logo.jpg file, and it is NOT counted.

you can contact me on ICQ (13324358) so we can work in real-time on this issue.
Strange.  Very Strange.  It definintely doesn't work here.  I don't use ICQ.  Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

Rejetto,

Could the problem be template related?

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Anonymous"
I once had a *.html file in my file listings.  Everytime that html file was opened it counted as a download  with hits in the hits column even though as you can see in the above post, *.html is included as a default in the don't count as download in the root.
at this stage it is not useful talking about memories
i need a pragmatic approach to the problem
Could the problem be template related?
i think it can't be

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Strange.  Very Strange.  It definintely doesn't work here.  I don't use ICQ.  Any other suggestions?
do you use any other chat system?

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "maverick"
The Encode Spaces is enabled by default.  When enabled, %20 is shown in the file lists as well as when I hover my mouse over a filename (Opera).  When I turn-off Encode Spaces (uncheck), %20 is still shown in the file lists and when I hover over a filename.  Is this a bug?

No Problem with the encode spaces option I think, but especially new browsers do conversion by themselves. Spaces are not allowed in URL strings, anyway ...

@rejetto
IF I enable the option "Use UNICODE in HTML", save options, close, then restart, the option is not remembered and deselected again.
Maybe that's a bug?  :roll:

MarkV
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I don't think the Don't count as Download option is working correctly.  If it is, tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I also believe that a person should be able to select "any" file within a folder to not count as a download, but that option isn't available to individual files.

IMPORTANT
ok folks, in private we clarified this issue.
There's no a bug, just misunderstanding.
The "Don't count as download" feature is referring to the global counter.
Every file has a counter, and it is displayed in the HITS column.
But there is a global counter, you can read it in the tray icon.

The extra images in your template you were talking about, are normally hidden, you don't want to show them in file listing. So what's the point in preventing HFS from counting the "hits" of that files. It is not shown, so preventing counting is not useful.

More than one user falled in this pit, anyway. If you want to suggest a better label to put in the menu, let me know.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "MarkV"
IF I enable the option "Use UNICODE in HTML", save options, close, then restart, the option is not remembered and deselected again. Maybe that's a bug?  :roll:
you got it
fixed in next beta

Offline Rider

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Can you make "restart HFS" after HFS crash?