rejetto forum

You are behind a router

Offline hal1401

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi,
I discovered HFS last year and installed it and ran it successfully until this spring.  There was a month or two were I did not use it. 
Sometime in May or thereabouts I wanted to share some photos and did what I had done previously and it did NOT work.  I get this message:

The test failed: The server does not answer.
You are behind a router.
Ensure that it is configured to forward port 7000 to your computer.

I have opened opened up ports 7780 to 7790 and 7000 to 7001.
I have had a friend confirm that port 8000 was open earlier.  I have used www.grc.com to confirm that 7780 and 7000 are open.
I use 2.2f build 155.  I run Windows XP Pro SP 3.  and am current with all updates from MS.
I use Bell Canada as my ISP and they were also know as Bell Sympatico.
My guess is that Bell maybe blocking HFS. 

Anyway I would like help as to what my next steps would be to troubleshoot the error. 
I would like HFS to work again.
Cheers,
Peter

Offline r][m

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Is it because Self Test failed that you believe your server can't be accessed?
I just checked Self Test here, here and it failed, said I was behind a router
(and I am) but my server is accessible, I just connected to it from work tonight.
Self Test hasn't been working lately.
You mentioned several ports, pick one and set it in HFS and forward it in your router
to your computers static LAN address. Go to http://canyouseeme.org/ and enter your
port. If canyouseeme can see your server, others should be able to connect to your
http://address:port/

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 04:29:21 AM by r][m »

Offline hal1401

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi,
Thank you for the tip that self-test no longer works.  My router had a super setting - stealth - and if that is clicked on - nothing gets through.   I have opened up a port and tested it with your utility and also with GRC and I HFS is up and running.
Thank you,
Peter