Author Topic: &RQ.NET Planning Thread  (Read 34032 times)

drunk+monkie

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2004, 07:24:01 PM »
words of wisdom, rejetto!

Riz

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 12:28:46 PM »
Why don't you use Delphi 8 For the Microsoft .NET Framework?

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 01:03:58 PM »
Personally, I think Borland's IDEs suck.. but they're free for personal use so probably the tool will be Borland C# Builder, since this can import/export Visual Studio .NET projects I can stand this if I'm on the developing team.

Since the program will be rewritten from scratch, there's no real benefit from using Delphi.NET over C#.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 08:00:35 AM »
delphi 8 is not free

Sergius_

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2004, 05:32:17 PM »
.NET is a revolution. It has so many advantages so i simply don't understand people, who tell that their choise is not to use .NET at all. C# is the second native language for .NET (after MSIL), it is elegant, well thought-out and as for me the best language. Someone told that .NET programs run slowlier than native... the difference is that .NET code is managed and it means that definite part of source code will be compiled runtime to native ONCE and after it compiled code will be used. So it is slowlier just the first time it is executed. Java is muuuuuch slowlier than .NET, i don't want to pay attention on it at all.
So, don't fuck Rejetto's mind with native, java, c++ and all other shit.
.NET (and Mono) and C# + #Develop is right way.

Greetings from Belarus. (íàðîä, îòñòàíüòå îò rejetto ñî ñâîèìè íåêîíñòðóêòèâíûìè ïðåäëîæåíèÿìè. Åñëè áóäåò &RQ.NET áóäåò êðóòî. À òàê - ïðîñòî óáèâàåòå æåëàíèå ÷òî-òî äåëàòü ó ÷åëîâåêà).

drunk+monkie

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 06:43:24 PM »
:) hey man we don't say sh*t anymore. We just want our godfather Rejetto to do something with this project, not lettin it die and get old (in some moral aspects). I mean no matter how good it is, if there's no development, there's no movement. i.e. it's dead. and it's rottin, you know...

Rejetto, we believe in!  :roll:
well, at least I do :)

fan

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2004, 10:09:15 PM »
Quote from: "drunk+monkie"
:) hey man we don't say sh*t anymore. We just want our godfather Rejetto to do something with this project, not lettin it die and get old (in some moral aspects). I mean no matter how good it is, if there's no development, there's no movement. i.e. it's dead. and it's rottin, you know...

Rejetto, we believe in!  :roll:
well, at least I do :)

Support ! awaiting new releases

&RQ fan

MioGreen

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2004, 09:36:55 AM »
I think so... C# is the best language... It s simple and powerfull... &RQ.NET - must be :) If you know C# fun club, please mail me :)  miogreen@mail.ru

Sergius_

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2004, 07:43:39 PM »
WHERE IS IT???? I NEED IT!!!!

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2004, 03:14:12 PM »
Quote from: "Sergius_"
WHERE IS IT???? I NEED IT!!!!

Lay off the sugar ;)

Warning.. technical stuff ahead... stop reading if you don't understand anything about anything :P

I'm pleased to announce that I've written a quite cool application framework (codename ApplicationFramework :) ) in C#2.0, where I'm currently a module implementing ICQ protocol. Whether this will be useful for &RQ.NET or not is dependent on

1. A non proprietary IDE with support for .net framework 2.0 will be available
and
2. Rejetto approves of the design.

Anyway.. the module handling system will support loading/unloading modules at runtime (which means program can be auto-updating, without restarts, the exe will never change, only the module dlls). Also is support for automatic serialization/deserialization of module settings at load/unload. It will be up to every module to implement a user interface, protocol or any other stuff. Modules communicate through commands, queries and events (that can be registered/unregistered at will).

Planned are features for automating internationalization of modules, but since this is a hobby project, things may or may not be done.

This also makes deployment easier, all you have to need is to download the exe, and the exe can then let you choose a set of default modules to download and install from &RQ server). That means no zip-file, and the exe will hopefully never change (just the module dlls).

Offline Electron

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2004, 04:20:24 PM »
Well, sounds too good to be true :) But, I'll hope.
And when should we be able to download first examples of your work? :)
My world is how I creat it.

Offline alkimiya

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2004, 04:30:18 PM »
Quote from: "Electron"
Well, sounds too good to be true :) But, I'll hope.
And when should we be able to download first examples of your work? :)

Well.. ICQ protocol is about 30% implemented and non-tested at best.
I will implement everything documented at http://iserverd.khstu.ru/oscar/ plus direct connections for file transfer eventually.
A protocol in itself is not very useful without some gui:s as well.
Expect many months until something even resembling &RQ as of today.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2004, 06:58:15 AM »
lately i found frustrating trying to work with C#Builder
i made something wrong and i can't get the GUI designer anymore 8O
i got stuck for months just because both .NET and Python lack a decent Tree control, as i have on delphi6.
.NET 2 has such control, i think i will explore Microsoft IDE. the beta is free.

USER728472384

&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2005, 11:20:12 AM »
.NET is shit, why to port &RQ to .NET? Port it to JAVA (and to mobiles)  instead!

Offline BruteHost

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
&RQ.NET Planning Thread
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005, 02:32:34 PM »
Quote from: "USER728472384"
.NET is shit, why to port &RQ to .NET? Port it to JAVA (and to mobiles)  instead!
sorry, often working with java apps...
20-40 mb op.memory in avr. is usual thing for them :(
I prefer Linux OS for develpment and server tasks.
How about you? :)