rejetto forum

HFS including SSl tools

SilentPliz · 268 · 220078

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
OpenSSL has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in previous versions. Exploitation of one of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
>:( Oh, god! Why every freaking security vulnerability on earth has to be: "Exploitation of one of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system". It's like say: "the backdoor we have, has been broken, please update our software". Com'on!, it's not only OpenSSL, it's Microsoft (with his Windows), Oracle (with his JAVA), Adobe (with Flash), etc. All the same text: "a vulnerability may allow a remote attacker to take control of your PC" (obviously this sounds too scary, so, it's works for everyone). But, I don't buy that sh*t anymore. Sorry if this message it's too strong (for thin-skinned people), but those security updates are non-sense!. Too frequent, with very vague details!. I need more technical change logs!.

Sorry bmartino1, it's not a message for you.
Thank you anyway for this news. :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:47:57 AM by LeoNeeson »
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
any chance that this build will be reupladed again with the current HFS build number?

last i checked hfs here is 2-3 builds behind, but this betat vesrion isn't subject too all teh "bugs" form the ofical realaes?... (that i have noted and found...)

Thanks for all your work SilentPLz

Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Yep, an update would be nice, since last update is one year old now. :)

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
that time again :p

National Cyber Awareness System:

OpenSSL Releases Security Updates
09/23/2016 03:13 PM EDT

Original release date: September 23, 2016
OpenSSL has released security updates to address vulnerabilities in previous versions. Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to cause a denial-of-service condition.

Available updates include:

OpenSSL 1.1.0a for 1.1.0 users
OpenSSL 1.0.2i for 1.0.2 users
OpenSSL 1.0.1u for 1.0.1 users
Users and administrators are encouraged to review the OpenSSL Security Advisory and apply the necessary updates.

This product is provided subject to this Notification and this Privacy & Use policy.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
..i just have to say WOW! ..its so totally totally coool  :-* :-* :-* Edward Snowden, is, is.. I guess he was good for 91% of the world. Obama said it verry good, like god`ish, ITS NOT FROM THE TOP AND DOWN, ITS FROM THE DOWN AND UP.. World of free information ppl! Give love and take care. AND remember.. GOD can read your mind :-X
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline ekze

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I liked this modification that silentplz made, it made it easier to mange and do quite a lot!

+1 I would like a new build as well  :P

i would also like to, it seems one just ha to update teh binarys and recompile it. Silent plz left the source behind. But he hasn't been on the forum in quite some time

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/profile/?u=3008
Last Active: September 24, 2015, 10:06:44 AM

i quess it back to the seperat process:
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/hfs-~-http-file-server/stunnel-and-hfs-(securing-your-hfs)/
http://www.rejetto.com/wiki/index.php?title=HFS:_Secure_your_server

i would assume to use this version, but use the update ("standalone") stunel download:
https://www.stunnel.org/downloads.html

all in all, this version had a good run

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson

> 007 SilentPliz will return... :P ;D

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I am sorry to say that it will be necessary to consider that silenpliz is definitely dead and buried, to had  being closest to him, I never had any news since his last connection, and having known his state of Health, it is quite possible that he succumbed to the disease.

All its sites have become unreachable, I have only his last source files that he had gived online in links on the forum

Offline Fidelita

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thats a shame. I am a long time lurker of this forum and loved his work and helpful attitude. We need another HFS with SSL built in. Or an up to date tutorial that works with Stunnel 5. whatever it is now.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
I am sorry to say that it will be necessary to consider that silenpliz is definitely dead and buried, to had  being closest to him, I never had any news since his last connection, and having known his state of Health, it is quite possible that he succumbed to the disease.
Oh no!, damn!, that's very sad... :-[ I wish someone of his family come here to say us something, but they may even not being aware of his participation here. Even if I never knew him, I feel really sorry for his death (if he died). He is/was very young (only 49 years!). I would like to express my sincere condolence to his family... :'(

Oh non!, c'est dommage... Je souhaite que quelqu'un de sa famille vienne nous dire quelque chose, mais ils peuvent même ne pas être au courant de sa participation ici. Même si je ne le connaissais pas, je me sens vraiment désolé pour sa mort (s'il est mort). Il est/était très jeune (seulement 49 ans!). Je voudrais exprimer mes sincères condoléances à sa famille... [Translated by Google]

Leo.-

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Until a certain date, he was practically days and nights on the forum, then his visits were reduced because he was connecting from an internet cafe, but he kept on downloading his version of hfs.
Some of its hosting sites have closed and have not been replaced and its absence since 2015 leaves me to think that we will not see it again.

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Until a certain date, he was practically days and nights on the forum, then his visits were reduced because he was connecting from an internet cafe, but he kept on downloading his version of hfs.
Well, if he was lately connecting from an internet cafe and then suddenly stopped, could mean he broke (financially), and could be still alive (homeless). I hope he is alive, even if I can't update this anymore.

...and having known his state of Health, it is quite possible that...
Did you know if he had a terminal illness?...
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 10:04:52 PM by LeoNeeson »

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
When I knew him on the forum he was already grafted with a kidney, because his were no longer working, and that he was under compatibility treatment