Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Disable file listing
« Last post by tek on April 15, 2018, 06:45:53 AM »
Hello,

any way to disable file listing when a remote user issues the following command?
Code: [Select]
GET /?tpl=list
I don't want random people on the internet to be able to see a list of my files & folders.

Thanks !
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Route HFS through VPN
« Last post by ronnysharma on April 14, 2018, 06:08:08 AM »
bmartino1 is right, the VPN you should choose, needs to let you "open ports" on their service, something called "Port forwarding" (like you would need when you use eMule, torrent, or any other P2P protocol). You could find a comprehensive list here and here (you could also have a tutorial on how to build a private VPN here).

Please report back with the results of your experiments, to leave a future guide for the rest of the users (thanks!). Keep in touch if you need further help. :)

Yes! I have had tested with TorGuard and it just works smooth.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Slutions possibles avec BOx Fibre SFR
« Last post by bmartino1 on April 13, 2018, 07:58:15 AM »
if the sfr fiber box is anything like the adtron fiber box i used to install and tested hfs on at Volo ISP internet work, then HFS on a win pc should work fine.

1gb up 1gb down Champaign il.

you may have to edit some hfs setting adn uncheck some defautl setting like the expermiental speed
ISP is blocking your port, you will have to do some portforawding and possible port triggering on open ports and chage ports in you server config. not familiar with the game...
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Thank you for enabling IPv6 support
« Last post by bmartino1 on April 13, 2018, 07:54:39 AM »
not very effective, but you can tel hfs to use a custom ip address. custom dns name.

(witch will only work if you have a pre existing/working dns netwking forwarded to the pc. )

in the menu under with ip hfs uses to connect click custom and fill out that info there.

This is not a guarantee working solution..

---------
before ipv6

using ipv4

and a ddwrt router with afraid free dns name forward to router, i was able to but my dns name to hfs and generate ipv4 traffic.

ipv6 has other security that may interfere with custom, but it worked with ipv4...
Everything else / Re: Winter Time ! We must wake up Fysack !
« Last post by ~GeeS~ on April 10, 2018, 07:32:54 AM »
Tempus fugit.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Re: Route HFS through VPN
« Last post by QuintinBoy on April 07, 2018, 01:21:00 AM »
Is there anyway to run a VPN service only for HFS?
I'm quite curious. On the client side I can't connect via a browser VPN, but on the server side I must route all traffic through the VPN.
Is there any way to configure it to run exclusively on HFS.
I have access to a few paid services: PIA, NordVPN, ExpressVPN and IPVanish.

I have another issue - how to stream Netflix when I'm routing all my traffic on the VPN? I currently have PIA. I can think of two solutions: Either somehow get Netflix to bypass the VPN connection or use a Netflix VPN but I'd like to be able to use any VPN provider.
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Thank you for enabling IPv6 support
« Last post by saud on April 04, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »
Its nice to have IPv6 support. Just one more question, is it possible to specify my own server for providing external IP? HFS is connecting to checkip.dyndns.org to get the IP and I want my own server which returns IPv6. Is it possible to replace dynsns.org with mydomain.com/getip.php
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / External ip not working... not even at my grandfather...
« Last post by marci76 on April 04, 2018, 11:11:28 AM »
I'M running a tf2 server that does need a http file server, but today at 12 am i tested in our network does the external ip working? (before it worked fine) i tested a hour ago at my grandfather it doestnt worked. internally working... i enabled DMZ it doesnt worked... i restarted my router, my laptop server, everything i could.. doestnt worked... what should i do?
HFS ~ HTTP File Server / Slutions possibles avec BOx Fibre SFR
« Last post by TCube on April 03, 2018, 04:26:48 AM »
Hello you all  :D
Un membre du Forum  a t-il essayé l'installation de HFS  derrière une box fibre SFR ?
Après changement de mon abo. cela devient intéressant : 1 GO DL / 60Mo up
Le disque dur interne de la BOX semble inutilisable en partage sur le Web  ... reste 3 post réseaux + 2 USB 2 et 1port USB 3
Je cherche un peu l'architecture possible  ...
Merci bcp d'avance
TCube
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10