rejetto forum

My questions regarding HFS

Offline IvanRohnson

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Actually, it may be even simpler: User tries to download a file from "Folder1", which contains some files and some folders (folder2, folder3 etc. etc.)
SO if the file is not in the "rood" "Folder1", then make HFS try to search if the file is existent in Folder1/Folder2/filename.zip, and if the folder is not existent in Folder2, then try to redirect to Folder1/Folder2/filename.zip until all folders inside Folder1 have been 'searched' for the file.

UPDATE: I am now using a stupid simple solution (not very optimized though)

I separated my files in their appropriate folders, created a "Physical folder" in HFS and then MANUALLY added each file from each folder into that "Physical folder" so that HFS will serve these files upon their request.

Not very clean and optimized solution, because whenever I add a new file to one of the folders, I have to find it and again manually add it to HFS so that it "registers" it and serves it.

May be you can add a n option "Add files from Folder" instead of just "add files"

- a new option that will add all the files from specific folder and when you add a new file, HFS will automatically register it and serve it when someone requests download.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:47:05 PM by IvanRohnson »

Offline IvanRohnson

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi again, I have a new question/problem.

Skype is conflicting with HFS. Reason is Skype is occupying port 80 so that HFS cannot use it. I also believe that if I first start HFS and then start Skype, Skype will take over port 80 and even cause HFS to crash!!
I need help fixing this, because, I need HFS to work on port 80. Any other port will not do the job for me.
 :'( :'( :'(

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
You can change the port Skype uses easily. In Skype go to Tools -> Options -> Advanced -> Connections and uncheck the box "use port 80 and 443 as alternative". That should help. Check here.
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline IvanRohnson

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thank you soo much Liam Neeson, this helped me, but unfortunately still no one gave me solution to my prevoous questions. Its not a big deal, I am doing everything manual right now, but the files are less than 200-300 so it isn't that hard. I am used to do such a work on a PC...

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
Hi again, I have a new question/problem.

Skype is conflicting with HFS. Reason is Skype is occupying port 80 so that HFS cannot use it. I also believe that if I first start HFS and then start Skype, Skype will take over port 80 and even cause HFS to crash!!
I need help fixing this, because, I need HFS to work on port 80. Any other port will not do the job for me.
 :'( :'( :'(

i rember now that skype uses port 80 and 443 for its add base setup and file transfers.

you have to tell it that you system useus a web server and not to use thoses ports:

For those that simply wish to follow written instructions, we have provided them.

Open Skype if it has not already been launched
Go to Tools –> Options from the dropdown menu
Select “Advanced” in the left-hand column, last option
Select “Connection”
Deselect the option that says, “Use port 80 and 443 as alternatives for incoming connections”
Click Save
Exit and then restart Skype
That’s it! You should now be able to do port  80 / 443 ...

-------------
Thank you soo much Liam Neeson, this helped me, but unfortunately still no one gave me solution to my prevoous questions. Its not a big deal, I am doing everything manual right now, but the files are less than 200-300 so it isn't that hard. I am used to do such a work on a PC...

alot has been looked over, you had a list of things to be answerd, please define adn re ask the quetion your haveig an issue with.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 04:49:58 PM by bmartino1 »
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline Oxyandy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
May be you can add a n option "Add files from Folder" instead of just "add files"

- a new option that will add all the files from specific folder and when you add a new file, HFS will automatically register it and serve it when someone requests download.

In file tree of HFS (left hand view) right click select "add folder from disk"...
when prompted select "Real Folder"
It works recursively and updates automatically when files are updated / added..
Not sure how you are trying to do it now ?

PS.. You can of course drag/drop folder you wish to share into same left hand pane..
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 01:37:40 AM by Oxyandy »

Offline IvanRohnson

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
The thing is, Oxyandy, the RealFolder and Virtual folder have many different options and limitations. I need the RealFodler to have same options as the Virtual folder but it just lacks them. No idea why the devs didn't add the same options for both type of folders.

Offline IvanRohnson

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
In file tree of HFS (left hand view) right click select "add folder from disk"...
when prompted select "Real Folder"
It works recursively and updates automatically when files are updated / added..
Not sure how you are trying to do it now ?

PS.. You can of course drag/drop folder you wish to share into same left hand pane..

OK ,hello again, I need to do ONE more thing urgently: I will add folders from disk as you said (I will add 3 folders) and I provide download link to the root folder only. I then want that HFS searches through all the folders that I have added from disk under "root" and when it finds the file that client requests, to serve it automatically.

IF possible without having to write the name of every folder in Event scripts (just make it search automatically)

Again with simple words: I have my root folder. Inside my root folder I have many folders with different names and files inside.
I give the client a ling that redirects him to the root folder: root/file.zip
If file.zip is not located inside the root folder, HFS must search inside every folder under root automatically until it finds the file, and it must then serve it to the client.

Thanx in advance!

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
then you will need to bind hfs to the root folder. if its a real folder it should be updateing and searching that folder automaticaly.
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing