rejetto forum

HFS+Ubuntu7.04+wine=Happy user :-)

ledufe · 26 · 197608

Offline ELEVENNNN

• Tireless poster
  • havent been here lately, still wont be here?
    • View Profile
Crossover is built on wine but much bulkier, more scalable program and it has support for 3d gaming (although not as much as cedega). If anyone wants Crossover (its not free) I have it for you, just send me an e-mail asking for it.

-Kurt
This is going to take a long time
.................+...........................................
...................+.............+.................+.........

Marco

(i don't speak english...but i will try...) HFS is a delphy application. Is there anybody wish can add some code into the sources in order to make linux compilation possible ? If anybody do that... i'm sure it can enjoy a lot of people (because i'm thinking about performances)... The bigest difficulty is, i think (i'm not a good programmer), is to adapte all the functions wich call windows API for linux... but it's possible that is only a part of HFS ! No ??? Who can?

There is no need to adapt the source code to Linux. There is WineLib http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/winelib-guide/index for that.

Winelib is a development toolkit which allows you to compile your Windows applications on Unix, and is a part of the Wine project.

What you gain by recompiling your application with Winelib is the ability to make calls to Unix APIs, directly from your Windows source code. This allows for a better integration with the Unix environment than is allowed by running an unmodified Windows application running in Wine.http://

Dory

OK guy.s... Thanks Ledufe a lot bringing this up. I tried HFS 2.2d under Wine on Ubuntu 7.10 Gusty. It works, just not perfectly as in your case. :)
1) I minimized HFS to the tray icon. When I clicked the tray icon, HFS didn't show up, although I can right-click it for a menu (sadly, there is no "Show" option in that menu to call the main window up). However, it's more of an annoyance rather than a real problem :-\.
2) The big problem is that I could not make HFS to listen on port 80. It said that the port has been occupied by another software (which I'm sure it's not occupied by doing sudo netstat -lp).  I tried and figured out that I cannot make it listen on any port below 1024 :(. How did you make your HFS+Wine listen on port 80  ??? ?

Any help will be appreciated. Just this server and a multiple display solution and I will go bye bye to Windows  :)

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1) I minimized HFS to the tray icon. When I clicked the tray icon, HFS didn't show up, although I can right-click it for a menu (sadly, there is no "Show" option in that menu to call the main window up). However, it's more of an annoyance rather than a real problem :-\.

i will add the "show" command

2) The big problem is that I could not make HFS to listen on port 80. It said that the port has been occupied by another software (which I'm sure it's not occupied by doing sudo netstat -lp).  I tried and figured out that I cannot make it listen on any port below 1024 :(. How did you make your HFS+Wine listen on port 80  ??? ?

so, it's a matter of permissions, i guess i can do nothing

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Double click on the hfs TRAY icon with the left button of the mouse  is enough to show main windows
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 09:01:11 PM by mars »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
When HFS is minimized to tray icon it has no taskbar entry mars.
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i forgot this problem was already solved, but in version 2.3
Dory, try the beta

Mr Tickle

HFS is running on wine here however all ports below 1024 are reserved by the system. My workaround for this is to redirect the port in my router. e.g. hfs runs on port 2000 on the lan so in the router redirects all data from port 80 to port 2000 trigger port is 80 and now all is as it should be. I seem to think I have heard of others who have had the reserved ports problem. I hope this method will help those who need to use the "normal" port 80 from within linux - wine.

Mad

Yes, hfs works fine!!!!

One small question: How can I start hfs automatically at system start?
I put it into user/.config/autostart but it doesn't work.

Any idea?

Offline cmatte

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • ErMeglio WebSite
Had lost this interesting thread! Hem...and opened another, trying to figure out problems.
To launch HFS on system start, if you're using Ubuntu (but I think any gnome based system) you can go to system-preferences-sessions, click add, and set your hfs path (e.g. "/media/DATA 320/HFS/hfs.exe", yes, with quotes, especially if you've spaces in the name). That's all  ;)

P.S. Could someone give advices here about hfs, wine and ubuntu ? Some problems seem to be born after this thread (for example the inability to make hfs window appear normally)...