rejetto forum

shell context menu & system control

Guest · 12 · 3377

paulbrause

hi!

i've got a big prob with hfs. i've tried the latest stable version 2.2b & the testing version 2.3b165, but with both the problem appears.

when i activate the shell context menu, everything (adding files & folders) works fine EXEPT of my windows system control (my os is vista x64). everytime i want to start the system control, a "link" is added in hfs called "{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}". also the "standard programms" & the link to "computer" doesnt work anymore, everytime a link like this is added.

i think, this could be a problem in HKEY/CLASSES_ROOT, but where? and why?

oh, and sorry, i know my english is terrible... i hope, u'll understand what i mean... ;)

thanks in advance,
paulbruase

Offline Foggy

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I sort of understand what you are saying, don't be afraid to post in a language you feel more comfortable with.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
alright, but i don't know what the system control is   :-\

paulbrause

In german we call it "Systemsteuerung"...

I thought, this is in english system control, perhaps control panel?!?
Where you can edit user accounts, printers, energy options, hardware, software, internet options and so on...
 ???

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
System control panel I suppose...

Found this ClassID in the registry, a component of shell32.dll...

Maybe the Add to HFS is marked as default action by accident. Please check with My Computer (Computer or Arbeitsplatz) or System Control Panel, right click on it and look for the action with bold text. Is it Add to HFS?.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 11:35:58 AM by MarkV »
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline parade

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Found this ClassID in the registry, a component of shell32.dll...

As far as I know it's the CLSID of the Control Panel.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
links should be open by default by explorer.
i don't think HFS is guilty, but you can try disabling menu -> other options -> shell context menu

paulbrause

but you can try disabling menu -> other options -> shell context menu
after disabling everything works fine again, but i wanted to use the shell context menu.

Maybe the Add to HFS is marked as default action by accident. Please check with My Computer (Computer or Arbeitsplatz) or System Control Panel, right click on it and look for the action with bold text. Is it Add to HFS?.
yep, it is. rightclicking on "my computer" shows "add to hfs" in bold text.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
but you can try disabling menu -> other options -> shell context menu
after disabling everything works fine again, but i wanted to use the shell context menu.

what if you re-enable it?

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
yep, it is. rightclicking on "my computer" shows "add to hfs" in bold text.

Here lies your problem. Default should be Öffnen (open).

I quote here two registry files that could solve your problem. First the My Computer/Arbeitsplatz:
Code: [Select]
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}\shell]
@="open"

Then System Control Panel/Systemsteuerung:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}\shell]
@="open"

Save the text of the two boxes to files with the extension .reg - then you import it into the registry. My attachment contains the two files, zipped.

Explantation to the files:

For My Computer and System Control Panel, Windows sometimes defines no standard action for these components. Normally there aren't any extensions, so the default is open. Now HFS defines a new extension for folders; as My Computer and SysControlPanel are only folders (although special ones), the extension also applies here. As there is no standard action defined and HFS is the only extension it is automatically chosen as default action! These regfiles simply set the standard action to 'open', it should solve the dilemma.

paulbrause

Hallo!

Ich hoffe, es ist ok, wenn ich mal auf deutsch weitermache, da wirds einfacher für mich... ;)

@MarkV:
Die Richtung ist die richtige. :)
Ich hab mal testweise die reg-Datei für die Systemsteuerung ([HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}]) in die Registry importiert, und nun funktioniert das Aufrufen der Systemsteuerung wieder. Erster Teilerfolg.

ABER... ;)
Alles, was ich in der Systemsteuerung finde (wie Anpassung, Drucker, Energieoptionen, Programme und Funktionen usw), wird weiterhin nicht geöffnet, wieder finde ich in HFS verschiedenste CLSID's...

Also muss es noch irgendeine andere Möglichkeit geben, denn alle CLSID's ändern zu müssen, fände ich dann doch etwas umständlich?!? Vielleicht sowas wie "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile", der Schlüssel ist ja wohl für alle ausführbaren Datein verantwortlich, gibt's sowas vielleicht auch für Systemordner?!?

Und bin ich eigentlich der erste mit diesem Problem? Hab per Suche nix dazu gefunden... :(

Danke,
paulbrause

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Try this:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]
@="open"

It sets the default for all folders to 'open'. I hope it doesn't destroy special folders. Just for the case, the undo:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Folder\shell]
@=-