rejetto forum

my hfs server

Poll

did you think it's a good idea ? ( have 140G disk space and 100 mbps bandwidth)

yes
4 (26.7%)
no
0 (0%)
yes , with accounts
11 (73.3%)
yes, without accounts
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Offline jtaverne

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Julien,

That's a tricky question ... I expect first you should validate either domain_names or sub_domains with your server first, monitoring the real disk capacity you want to allow and maybe check the limits of your responsability with Free [Dadvsi !]

This why I responded  yes = user account.

p.s : If you are interested, I will forward infos to u soon showing  the way I manage to get autorized people to upload in the same folder where other are only able to see or download. Then if people want to collaborate uploading to groups - or "collectif" in french - there is the registration form done by Ledufe [always in handy Ledufe with HFS  8)]
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I have 580gb total disk space... I would love to share my files around, especially my .avi and .mp3 collection... but my internet speeds (a sad 512k) and 12gb net limit are holding me back lol... stupid telco's here are ripping us blind, so we cant afford fast speeds! fastest i can get in my area is 1500k but its expensive... blarg!

anyways i selected - yes , with accounts

You don't want randoms accessing, registration is always good to monitor activity... even on crappy speeds like mine lol.

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Bonjour Julien,

Juste un petit mot en passant ce matin. J'ai vu les changements sur ton site et je suis assez impatient d'être un utilisateur "autorisé" mais il faut que je fournisse les infos. Ton serveur ne semble pas assez sécurisé [parfeu] je t'envoie par mp la liste des ports ouverts "sensibles".

bon dimanche !
TCube   
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 12:35:45 PM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline woodski

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I got 60GB (English language) avi. for upload, PM me.

Offline Piglett49

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi

No matter what the speed, yes to log on with accounts.  You take time, effort, and your own money to make your collection, the least you can do is honour it with as much protection as possible and back it up on a regular basis.

2.4tb link drives with NTFS Link, 8meg connection

:)

Offline gangooparsad

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i also have a 100mbit connection...