rejetto forum

Bug on playing Video Files (url cut off)

stit · 19 · 8121

Offline stit

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi all,

i detected a bug concerning the streaming of videos.
if i want to preview an .avi video the url is not completely going to the video.

e.g. the folder is called "the house" and the video is called "video1.avi"

the link in the preview windows is going only to "/the", so the bug seems to be a missing "" in the embed code.

maybe s.o. knows where to find the specific term in the template.

hopefully i could help solving a bug!?

greetz
stit
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:55:38 PM by TSG »

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hi all,

i detected a bug concerning the streaming of videos.
if i want to preview an .avi video the url is not completely going to the video.

e.g. the folder is called "the house" and the video is called "video1.avi"

the link in the preview windows is going only to "/the", so the bug seems to be a missing "" in the embed code.

maybe s.o. knows where to find the specific term in the template.

hopefully i could help solving a bug!?

greetz
stit

Which template are you using? Do you actually get any error?

*make sure you set your video folder to allow anonymous access if you have a password set other wise it won't play.

rawr templates almost all are same.

in tpl look at [File]

in previewbox.js - look for the divx spawn box code
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:26:24 PM by slasherx »

Offline stit

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
# Which template are you using? Do you actually get any error?

I use the RAWR Design black.
I get an error from my divx player, because the link isnt working.

# make sure you set your video folder to allow anonymous access if you have a password set other wise it won't play.

i have set a password for the root and if i give anonymous to the folder it wont be displayed to my normal account. i dont want the videos to be accesses for anonymous too.

# in previewbox.js

where is this file ?
i only find the .css file
and in the template file at [file] i dont find any txt like <embed>

thx so far.

stit

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
rawr_previewbox.js is in rawr_default folder.

The error you are getting probably because of not setting anonymous access. Try setting anonymous access in video folder you can keep the password in root. We haven't figured out a way to make it work without setting anonymous access.

Code: [Select]
// Insert DivX
function spawnDIVXBox(target,file) {
spawnBox(target,640,380);
setTimeout("setDIVXBox(\""+target+"\",\""+file+"\");",300);
}
function setDIVXBox(target,file) {
setName(file);
gEBI(target+"Content").innerHTML = "<object classid='clsid:67DABFBF-D0AB-41fa-9C46-CC0F21721616' width=640 height=380><param name=src value=\""+file+"\"/><embed type='video/divx' src="+file+" width=640 height=380 autoplay=true/></object>";
}

Offline stit

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

i only have the *.tpl and a template folder and in the template folder there is no rawr_preview.js.

The error you are getting probably because of not setting anonymous access.

i gave anonymous access but the problem is still there.
<param value="http://xxxx.homeftp.net/Videos/Volleyball Drumbo Cup.avi" name="src"/>
<embed width="640" height="380" autoplay="true/" cup.avi="" drumbo="" src="http://xxxx.homeftp.net/Videos/Volleyball" type="video/divx"/>

this is the code which is generated. and you see this embed is fully corrupted.

why are drumbo and cup a new element ?
so this must be a bug in the preview.js but i don't find it.

am i just blind ?
thx so far.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 07:15:49 AM by stit »

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

i only have the *.tpl and a template folder and in the template folder there is no rawr_preview.js.

The error you are getting probably because of not setting anonymous access.

i gave anonymous access but the problem is still there.
<param value="http://xxxx.homeftp.net/Videos/Volleyball Drumbo Cup.avi" name="src"/>
<embed width="640" height="380" autoplay="true/" cup.avi="" drumbo="" src="http://xxxx.homeftp.net/Videos/Volleyball" type="video/divx"/>

this is the code which is generated. and you see this embed is fully corrupted.

why are drumbo and cup a new element ?
so this must be a bug in the preview.js but i don't find it.

am i just blind ?
thx so far.

download the template again, you may be using the black, but you need default folder to stay in template.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
This has nothing to do with my script so hopefully someone can help you here. For a start how are you even seeing this script, its generated in the javascript. I don't even use the embed tag for divx. Divx web player can act strangely at times.

EDIT: My bad, you are using firebug, and I do use embed. I see the problem, however I have NO IDEA, why it does that to the embed tag. I had to use Embed to fix Internet Explorer. Really weird.

Ok I found it, replace the code with this piece, I will silent update the templates, its a minor error.

// Insert DivX
function spawnDIVXBox(target,file) {
spawnBox(target,640,380);
setTimeout('setDIVXBox("'+target+'","'+file+'");',300);
}
function setDIVXBox(target,file) {
setName(file);
gEBI(target+'Content').innerHTML = '<object type="video/divx" width=640 height=380><param name=src value="'+file+'"/></object>';
}

Thanks for locating this :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:30:15 AM by TSG »

Offline stit

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
yes i use firebug.

good to know i could help.

but: i downloaded the template again and replaced the old rawr_previewbox.js with the new one. and now the preview isn't popping up any more. it simply happens nothing. maybe another bug ? oder which files have to be copied too ?

thanks so far..

Offline slasherx

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
No I changed some more things, renamed the initPreviewBox to initBox. Sometimes its not as simple as it seems, when I update a template archive.

Offline stit

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
No I changed some more things, renamed the initPreviewBox to initBox. Sometimes its not as simple as it seems, when I update a template archive.

ok i copied all files and it works now, but only when i give anonymous access to the folder too.
i can live with that, but it would be cool if this would be fixed sometimes. (with .wmv files the preview works without giving anonymous access (WMP Plugin). maybe this is a "bug" with the divx player ?)

EDIT: i found a new bug. when i have a folder named with "x & y" the preview doesn't work too. the  url will be corrupted as:
http://xx.homeftp.net/GUITOUD - I%26I/02 - Redemption & Blessing.mp3HFS doesn't start the download when clicking the preview. i could play the folder before updating because of the other bug (this maybe helps).
& should be one of these http://de.selfhtml.org/html/referenz/zeichen.htm#benannte_html, like
&amp; or
&#38;when you want to test ist with the same folder: http://www.fresh-poulp.net/releases/FPR036.html

thanks so far for fixing the bug so fast !
great job !

greetz
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 10:32:04 AM by stit »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Which preview does this? It should still work, I run this for RAWR-Player and it fixes it:

file = file.replace('+','%2B').replace('&','%26');

Offline stit

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
this is the preview for an .mp3 file

if u edit:
   file = file.replace('+','%2B').replace('&','&#38;');

it will be correctly displayed but the file still isn't playing.
i wonder why i could play the folder before changing the files.

EDIT:
the player shows an corrupted path instead of the ID3 tag when playing a file. maybe this help solving the problem.
it shows ".net/GUITOUD - I&I/" instead of the name of the file
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 04:06:43 PM by stit »

XGate

Gosh, I hate to tell you people this.  The error is not from the script!!!  The error is in the file name!!!  RULE #1.  THERE SHOULD NEVER BE "SPACE" USED IN THE URL OR THE FILE NAME THAT RESIDES ON THE WEB SERVER.

Ofcourse it seems to work with IE because IE translate your dam file that contains space to "%20"

So if you have a file that contains space, in your static URL, try to replace the space with "%20" and you'll see everything kicks in.  Many browsers does not encode "spaces" in the file name to "%20" as it would break the rule.

For Crying Out Loud, you are venturing into an unknown territory!  Get back to your basic routine!

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ehm... yeah I don't know how to fix this, HFS should be displaying the URL correctly, its got nothing to do with me.

Also stit you are the only person experiencing this, I do not, and never have.