rejetto forum

City Lan question

Offline 711green

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello!
First of all thanks for making HFS. I tried out like 20 file servers and imo HFS is better than they all are.
The only question I have is how to make HFS define between 2 different streams. I mean I have static Ip and 10mb connection for global internet access without routers\proxy\other crap. Same time this connection provides me with local network access (city lan) which is 100mbit using the same IP. But when my friends from local network try to download something from me it seems that they download via internet (outer) stream instead of local. Is there any way to fix it?
Thanks in advance  :)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 11:56:17 AM by Bell-Zephyr »

Offline r][m

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Your static ip (WAN) address is the same as your city LAN address?
Is there a different port used for city LAN? Or how do you connect
to another computer on city LAN? Has to be a way to separate them,
other wise they are all WAN. Is it IPv6?

Offline 711green

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ths for reply.
I have vpn connection with login/pas provided by my ISP.
Ip4. There's no difference in these 2 lans (global and city). It's the same 1 vpn connection. And port is the same. For example I create a torrent and there are 2 peers. One from my city and second from another.
So I get 100mbit upload for local peer and 10mbit for outer one.
If I want to connect to another user I just create a vpn connection and use his Ip. Tbh there is no network in which I can see other users/share folders etc. But still It's 100mbit connection between us. Works for any torrent client, icq clients, remote access soft like radmin or teamviewer, also with ftp servers like xlight. But I cant make HFS work with it.

P.S: For torrent upload tracker info it's {http://myip:RandomPort/announce}. So I guess it's not protocol problem. BTW - HFS' settings are set to default.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 05:41:19 PM by Bell-Zephyr »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
are you using version 2.2 ?
2.2 doesn't handle good fast connections.
On this forum you will find an experimental version that fixes this problem, and also version 2.3 (more features).