rejetto forum

Live 3.0.1 and TPGen

dfles · 5 · 8130

Offline dfles

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I am running a family/friends photo/files share site using HFS 2.3 build #280 with Live 3.0.1 template. Live 3.0.1 gives you the option to “squish” the original images and then turn on or off the full-img-thumbs; default being off due to potential server slowdown if turned on.

In the Live 3.0.1 Help and Resources readme file under the “Thumbnails” heading it states that in order to: “generate thumbnails and improve your performance with JPG, JPEG and PNG images. Use the TPGen, and load in the 'TPGen Preset - Live (v3.0.0+).ini' provided in this archive. To get the TPGen, download the latest version here: http://www.rawr-designs.com/projects/tpgen/index.html.

Here is where I need a little help in understanding and have a few questions.
1.   This TPGen is it a program that creates the thumbnails?
2.   Is this a manual process that must be done by all parties prior to uploading pictures and then thumbnails needing to be uploaded as well? If so that will not work for me since the majority of friends/family just want to upload and view pictures with no other hassles.
3.   Where does the TPGen Preset - Live (v3.0.0+).ini file need to be located and how does it fit in? Currently I have it next to the hfs280.exe and the Live-3.0.1.tpl.
4.   How do I get this TPGen program when rawr-designs is offline.

I do like the looks of Live 3.0.1 template but I suppose I could switch if I knew of another template that handled thumbnails easily. I am even considering trying raybob’s FHFS server which from what I have read, handles the thumbnail issue; but for what I am doing that may be way more than what I need. Your help and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks in advance for your input(s).

Offline crazyboris

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
look throu this topic and you will find what you need.

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php/topic,9763.0.html

1, yes
2, yes , tpgen will create 2 folders with the thumbs inside , that you put in the same folder as your pictures
3, ??. dont understand.
4, here is a rapidshare link https://www.rapidshare.com/files/1054920709/TPGen.rar (same as in the topic above)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 03:30:13 PM by crazyboris »

Offline dfles

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Got it. Thanks. In question #3 the Live (v3.0.0+).ini file is included in the Live 3.0.1 Help and Resources folder. After a little more reading and executing the TPGen program it looks like that file is supposed to be imported into TPGen program to be used with the RAWR Live template. Hope I am explaining correctly. While all this does work it is still too cumbersome for all users who want to upload pics to go through this process every time. Again I thank you for the help. I may have to look for a simpler solution.

Offline riccetts

• Occasional poster
  • A working progress
    • View Profile
I have a question about the tpgen,I seem to get a runtime error.
How do I get the right runtime to run that application? I don't know where to look for it.
I have win xp pro sp3 already.
Thanks