rejetto forum

HFS Hangedhi,

AYEHAN · 16 · 5750

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hi,
i dont know why its happen again & again, but its open right now and suddenly hanged with many connection as Disconnected

i even press F4 to shutdown server but still they are thereand i cant kill them even, kill all connection isnt working too

take a look at pic please and if there is any solution please let me know, CPU usage is 100% and coz i turn server offline there is no active downloads so not such memory usage only 10MB but if there are some downloads too the memory will touch about 200MB. i saw this inall versions from Beta 211 till new Beta 223

Thanks

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
ok while posting this msg the connection goes to replying from disconnected

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
right click on it, and disable "leave disconnected connections".
to "kill" is used as to disconnect. so, it won't make the "disconnected" rows to disappear.

Offline talis

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I think it is hanging bec you might have slower connection like i have. im also using slower connection internet and because of it when people download simuntaneosly from my server, it usually stops responding for some time. But i made a solution for it and that is Speed Limit your sever, so that less amount of Load is applied

Regards Talis
Since 1986

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Leave Disconnected is disabled already

and abt slow connection .. its on 1Gigs Fiber Optic Lan Connection, speed is Limited too 1030KB/s

what my idea is .. when a new film i share there are more then 10downloads for the same file .. may be its the reason

Offline talis

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well! you have good internet connection but people browsing your server will take full benifit from it

i share there are more then 10downloads for the same file

i to assume that this would be a reason for hanging of your server

besides that i too have sometimes these kindoff problems and when i limit the speed it is back to normal

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. enable "Prevent leeching" in "limits".

2. if you see the disconnected connections as in your first screenshot, and your "leave disconnected connections" is disabled, than it's a bug in HFS.

3. about the speed, what's the total speed you can reach with HFS ? i guess 1030 is for a single download.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 11:27:02 AM by rejetto »

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
sorry for the real late answer was out of town

Pervent leeching is enable
singhle file download speed is 1030KB/s
maximum speed is 5500KB/s (although i can touch 13000KB/s if no limits)
leave disconnected connection is disabled ( no tick mark on it)
each user can have max 3 connection, 1 for download and 2 for browse
user can download maximum 1 file at a time

system RAM is 2GB
CPU is AMD Athlon64bit 3500+
500GB * 4 HDD SATA II 16MB cache each
600 watts Power supply
1Giga nVidia Network Adapter

what else .. i think i have almost the good machine :(

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
congratulations for your internet connection ;)

this is a bug, and i'm quite confused.

when you said "there are more then 10downloads for the same file" i thought you meant from the same user. I hope this is not so, because having prevent leeching enabled it would mean there's another bug in the story.

From what i can see in your screenshot, those connections are not truly "disconnected".
When a TCP connection is disconnected, it cannot be revamped, a brand new one is made.
When a connection is made, a "random" port number is assigned by Windows itself (you see shamsi12 has port 1837).
So, since we see same users have the same port numbers in both screenshots, and are first "disconnected", then active, it is clearly impossible. The connection is the same, and was not brought to life again, it just never died.
If i'm wrong, please someone correct me.

So, it is normal that trying to disconnect those connections HFS does nothing, because he thinks they are already disconnected, so it just passes over.

That said, i studied HFS to see what could be wrong with it, and found very little. -.-

If you have enough patience, try giving me this information: enable "log what -> disconnections", and lets see if between the time you see "disconnected" in the bottom list, and when it is back to life again ("replying" or anything else), if a "disconnected" in the log appears.
is it clear? can you?
Posted on: 11 March 2009, 14:01:09
take a look at pic please and if there is any solution please let me know, CPU usage is 100% and coz i turn server offline there is no active downloads so not such memory usage only 10MB but if there are some downloads too the memory will touch about 200MB. i saw this inall versions from Beta 211 till new Beta 223

the 100% you saw was about total CPU usage or only on HFS ?
do you remember the month when the memory problem started?

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
i will log and will let you know

i dont about the month when it started ... 211 was working for me but now it has the same problem too

i blocked a user that coz the issue two times so lets see ...

and 100% for HFS not not for other things

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
see this

hfs hanged so cant scroll down ..

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
please AYEHAN, try with older versions, previous to #211, like #200

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
see this image of v211

this connection isnt using download manager

nothing shows in request section .. i mean no multiple request for same file and no site browsing

still its sending many connection

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Okay Rejetto

i am using build 209 since my last post in this topic and still no issue

what my idea is that i am using Rawr 0.0.7 a old theme maybe new version and old theme some conflicts

just an idea am not pointing any thing bad to TSG or Giant Eagle :)

Offline AYEHAN

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
more then 30 hours of running time for build 209 and its working fine