rejetto forum

Merge folders

Guest · 6 · 2422

Mathew

Hello, i love the program and i use latest stable version of it. im really new  at it and i cant understand how i merge folders like:

in hfs user sees in browser:

Movies

but movies links to C:\movies
and D:\movies

is it possible and if it is an programming issue im not a programmer and if possible i would appreciate any help thanks in advance

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
well, it's somewhat possible, in that you can add folder 1 as real folder, then selecting all files from folder 2 and drag&dropping them in the already created real folder.

this mean that folder 2 will not stay up to date automatically, and if files are added in folder 2 you'll have to add them manually.

Offline trpsjt2008

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello I can make a Folder Merger and or if other folder change the other one will change too

Mathew

well, it's somewhat possible, in that you can add folder 1 as real folder, then selecting all files from folder 2 and drag&dropping them in the already created real folder.

this mean that folder 2 will not stay up to date automatically, and if files are added in folder 2 you'll have to add them manually.

Rejetto can u please add into ur todo list merging folders togheter properly and so it updates when making change aswell, would realy appreciate that.

like if i make 2 folders as virtual with same name then it shoud simply merge them and show both contents in 1 folder instead of saying already a folder with that name for example.

and if there is 2 of the same folders inside that merged one just show 1 the one thats either largest or any of them if same size so no dublicate folders shows.

anyways just the only thing i miss from this lovey software.

thanks in advance / mathew

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
to be honest mathew, i doubt this feature will ever come to life in HFS.
it's the first time i get such request, and it's apparently less important than many other things i have in list that are already waiting since years because of my short time.

Offline johnjaykay

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
This may or may not help, but you can put a link to a folder (from your file system-not HFS) inside of a real folder. That link can be directed to another real folder in HFS this will give the look of two folders syncing with one another. I use this to look at the same folder in two different templates.

Sorry if this doesn't apply at all...I thought of this when I read your post.