Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
With the recession, price lists increase of everywhere ;D

Do you like this software?
 Donate!
Consider even $2

The parity of the euro is nevertheless in favour of the dollar, our purchasing power is weaker than before,

Will the European have l straight ahead in a discount on behalf of rejetto? ;D

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Depends what dollar he is referring to, $2 AUD is only $1.42 USD atm, and only 1.07 euro.

Its actually the opposite here in Australia, a lot of things are actually cheaper due to the 'recession'. Few things have gone up though. But due to the media hype a lot of people aren't spending money which in turn is hurting our economy. So our government is handing out $950 to most of the working class population, and asking us to spend it on Australian products and services to keep the local economy moving. I don't see any of that money though cause I didn't earn enough to do a tax return last year. My dad is spending his on some nice wheels for one of our cars.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:22:26 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hahaha, i was about to explain the change, but i knew someone would have posted about it, and decided to wait. :D
the change from $1 to $2 has nothing to do with recession, or euro/dollar ratio.

for every €1 donation, i get only €0.61, while paypal holds 39%.
it's too much IMO, and i don't think people would be happy to know their money goes for almost an half to paypal company.

for a €2 donation, i get 1.58, and paypal holds 21%.
it's still a lot, but much better!

the percentage will lower as the money rise, until it goes under 5%.

when i say $2, i'm referring to US$. i try to keep it simple.

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Yeah we considered this aswell, we don't suggest a minimum for our site, but so far all donations have exceeded those thresholds. However, what other options is there for a simple donation system? There is no other convenient way other than copycat companies similar to PayPal.

I doubt people would be willing to use one of the credit card services currently out there. PayPal is trusted, even if they aren't 100% worthy of it. A lot of the statements they make is bullshit now. Especially with all the fraud going on. We use PayPal, however we are cautious, there has been horror stories of people donating from dodgy cards and PayPal suspending and taking all the money in the PayPal account. Its the risk we take I guess. I just hope people continue using their common sense and don't abuse the process.

Offline TCube

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
One or Two ?

Let's be fair and totally sane for once : cost for managing your international Credit Card for the cheapest bank in France is 12 euros per quarter/year overhere.

Just switch bank after moving back 2 Paris - news in about 2 weeks 4 U Rejetto.

TCube

« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 06:40:59 AM by TCube »
Make it idiot-proof and I will make a better idiot

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
here in italy we have visa electrons with no costs (except €1 every time you recharge them).