rejetto forum

Accounts not updating in admin console

Offline JGraceffo

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Hello again, I've run into another issue now that I've started to put fhfs into use.  I went to delete an account from the admin console, and after it said it was deleted the account was still there.  You aren't able to log into the account, but it won't disappear from the menu after countless restarts and refreshes of the web browser, server, etc.

That's not a huge problem, just kind of an eyesore and mildly annoying, but possibly related is my issue of creating accounts. It lets me create them no problem through the admin console, it creates a directory and a user in HFS, but still the admin console won't update with the new users, and won't let me log in with them.

Any suggestions?

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Very strange.

Probably the best way to help would be to create a macro log and then send it to me in a private message (since it will contain private configuration settings, etc.)

Go into the HFS interface, then the menu, then debug, and enable 'enable macro log' and 'append macro log'.  Then go into the admin console and do whatever isn't working.  Then send me the macro-log.html file in the FHFS folder.

Also you are running FHFS 2.1.0 right?

Offline JGraceffo

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
So after a few PM's and some playing, we pinpointed the issue with account creation.  Apparently if you create an account with an account name that has any capitol letters in it, you won't be able to log into that account. 

Luckily Raybob was able to quickly come up with a fix:

OK it turns out that just by the nature of HFS the usernames are supposed to be made lowercase internally before they're stored... that wasn't happening so you can either use this patched file or just remember to put lowercase names in I suppose.

http://www.filesplat.com/.beckr/shared/admin.ajaxfunctions.tpl

The not updating the accounts list is still a mystery, but the next day it was working again for me, so I couldn't look at that issue.

Thanks again!

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Just wait for the PHP rewrite.  Capital letters, unicode... all will work :)

It's almost to the point where I can start releasing alpha builds for anyone who wants to check it out and give me design feedback.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:36:37 PM by raybob »

Offline JGraceffo

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'd gladly check it out if you'd like some feedback, just send me a PM with the download whenever you want!