rejetto forum

auto save options

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the feature "auto save options every..." is causing many problems.
it was designed to keep your data safe, and it's corrupting it instead.

Occasional data loss many people experienced is probably caused by files saved near a system crash, or similar.
Saving often (using that option) greatly increases chances you'll be saving near a system crash.

So, next release (261) will have changed this feature in a better and easier "auto save options", that will be saving options just when something is changed.

In my opinion, other option "save options on exit" is not needed anymore. So you'll get only 2 modes, automatic and manual.

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It would be interesting and time to consider the hfs.ini file either as a simple file text, but as chap INIFILE's real file.

It very has been for a long time since I wait for this evolution, I should certainly wait for a long time and to make many comments to make me understand, but I believe sincerely that it will be worth it there.

Not easy to speak about it in English because of the nonsenses of the translation, then imagine if I had to make it in Italian :D. To discuss with silentpliz in French, it is much easier especially verbally, because the slightest word takes then all its meaning.

There is that through the delphi language only rejetto and I let us manage to be on the same wavelength, and still only if it is on the same frequency radio. :D

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
good! I put silentpliz in the work,  :D ;D and I inform you of the headway of its researches  ;)