rejetto forum

Thumbnail Generator Question

Ranger · 7 · 5327

Offline Ranger

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Works great like expected. However the save settings option has always been greyed out. It would save some time if I could save my settings. Any ideas why its greyed out?

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
It's not supposed to be greyed out all the times. It's only supposed to grey out when:
- You just loaded a setting file
- Have not made any changes to the settings
- Recently saved your changes

One thing that should definitely work:

Create a new setting file by pressing the 'new' button at the welcome tab
Give it a name and save the file to your disk
Make sure the newly created setting is selected and loaded and start changing the settings
Now press the "Save Settings" button

If it is still greyed out, please say so

Offline Ranger

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It's not supposed to be greyed out all the times. It's only supposed to grey out when:
- You just loaded a setting file
- Have not made any changes to the settings
- Recently saved your changes

One thing that should definitely work:

Create a new setting file by pressing the 'new' button at the welcome tab
Give it a name and save the file to your disk
Make sure the newly created setting is selected and loaded and start changing the settings
Now press the "Save Settings" button

If it is still greyed out, please say so

Ok it seems to save the settings. The only thing its not saving is the folder/subfolder location. I have to add it everytime I run TPGen.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com

blabla

Ok it seems to save the settings. The only thing its not saving is the folder/subfolder location. I have to add it everytime I run TPGen.

Strange, i just tested it here and it saves the changes perfectly.. Anyway, what you could try to solve your problems is to modify the setting file directly.

Open the .ini file that contains your settings. You'll see 2 sections named [Thumbnails] and [Previews], they both contain "NameScheme =" and "OutputFolder = ". Modify those values and save the file. The next time you load the .ini file in the TPGen, it should apply your changes.

Offline Ranger

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
This is what it shows for both of those

Code: [Select]
NameScheme      = thumb-%file-name%
OutputFolder    = converted
NameScheme      = prev-%file-name%
OutputFolder    = converted

NameScheme I understand, output Folder I understand also. Not sure where I am supposed to put the conversion list (step2) file path here. Sorry if I'm misunderstanding what you are meaning.

BTW, on step 1 I usually just use the deafault preset "RAWR-Template". But I also tried with creating my own.

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Ok, my bad :P i totally misunderstood what you wanted in the first place. If i'm correct, all your settings are saved correctly but the original image locations are not saved. This is what you want, right?

Ehmm.. You can't 'save' the location of the original images using the 'Save Settings' button. What you CAN do, is launching the application with special parameters.

Code: [Select]

TPGen.exe -folders="E:\data\images","F:\more data\more images"

Use absolute paths to folders you want to get converted; seperate multiple folders by a comma.

If you dont know how to launch an application with special parameters, follow the next few steps:

- Drag the main executable ("TPGen.exe") with your RIGHT mousebutton to an empty spot in the same folder as where it is located.
- Select "Create shortcut here"
- Right click the generated shortcut and select properties
- Append the following text in the "Target" inputfield: -folders="Path to folder1","Path to folder2"

Offline Ranger

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thank you very much.  8)