rejetto forum

how to download lots of files at once and quick?

Guest · 9 · 2879

ovidiu

I made a backup/recovery of a friends HD and need to give him access to all the recovered files, as we live quite far away from each other.
Now if I share his folders with HFS, he has to download each of his files separately. Is there a way to download whole folders? Or maybe mark several files for download at once? He also needs his old file/folder structure

I did not want to zip it all up, as that would result in some huge zip files...

any other ides?

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server
I made a backup/recovery of a friends HD and need to give him access to all the recovered files, as we live quite far away from each other.
Now if I share his folders with HFS, he has to download each of his files separately. Is there a way to download whole folders? Or maybe mark several files for download at once? He also needs his old file/folder structure

I did not want to zip it all up, as that would result in some huge zip files...

any other ides?

I don't thinks there is an easy way   :(

For now, with last testing version of HFS, your friend can download a level (file + folder) but in . tar archive. (and so he must untar theese items).

Probabably the more confortable way , also if may be a very long operation in function of number folders/files) should be this:

1) you have already a folder with all items - folders, subfolders, files and so on (so your friends and you have the possibility to see structure folders/files)

2) your friend install HFS file server in his pc; he create folder with same structure as original and give you, for any folder, the upload wright.

3) you upload items in every right folder (with some .tpl, number of envoyed files can be changed eg: 10 for time)

I hope this should be enoght an hint  :-\

best regards

f.
E allora Dio creò l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Offline Flynsarmy

• Occasional poster
  • DENIED!
    • View Profile
    • Flynsarmy
Use the archived folder feature of HFS. copy whatever folder you want on hfs. then load the page:
domain/folder/~folder.tar

This will download the folder and every file/folder within it. No gigantic zip file is created on your
comp, it is all created in real time as the person downloads. The output file is a .tar file, you'll
need a compression utility such as winrar or winzip to access it.

ovidiu

ok, I hope I understood this right:

start HFS, select: add folder from disk, real folder, set a user/password combo, then access: h**p://myip/foldername/~foldername.tar ?
this did not work out, or do I have to use virtual folder? OR do I need to enable some other setting?

remember, I just started HFS and did not change any settings yet.

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
ok, I hope I understood this right:

start HFS, select: add folder from disk, real folder, set a user/password combo, then access: h**p://myip/foldername/~foldername.tar ?
this did not work out, or do I have to use virtual folder? OR do I need to enable some other setting?

remember, I just started HFS and did not change any settings yet.
You need some new version. For example download the last build - 108.

Offline aarf

• Occasional poster
  • HFS AbUser
    • View Profile
How do you do this, Archive Folder. I do not see an option for archiving folder anywhere.  Please excuse my ignorance, but I tried searching and no answer on how to do it properly. I am using 2.2 Beta (108).   ??? Thanks for all your help.  :-*
Cuz that's the way it is.

Offline fabnos

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Fabnos ~ Http File Server
How do you do this, Archive Folder. I do not see an option for archiving folder anywhere.  Please excuse my ignorance, but I tried searching and no answer on how to do it properly. I am using 2.2 Beta (108).   ??? Thanks for all your help.  :-*

See image  ;)
E allora Dio creò l'uomo, gli diede un cervello ed un pene ma non sangue sufficiente a farli funzionare  contemporaneamente.
_______
So, God created the man.
It gave him a brain and a penis.
Unfortunately not enough blood to contemporarily bedew them

Offline Alons0

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • Alons0's site
Add this to your template (for example above %files%):
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">document.write("%folder%" != "/" ? "<a href=\"%folder%~folder.tar\"><font color=red>Folder Arhive</font></a>" : "");</script>

Offline aarf

• Occasional poster
  • HFS AbUser
    • View Profile
Thanks boyz, one thing I would like to say, I have been following HFS and using this for many a year, and from what it was to what it is, is a phenominal experience to watch as it evolves.  Rejetto is remarkable, and with the LOYAL followers and Team he has come to enjoy, well, it is fantastic, kudos to you all for the help that you give.
Cuz that's the way it is.