rejetto forum

Login bug (very very minor issue)

Corwin · 4 · 2967

Offline Corwin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
If a user logs in from any folder other than the root, he is only listed as logged in for that folder or other folders beneath it.   If the user then navigates up to a higher folder, he gets the login button instead of being logged in.   At that point, clicking on the login button logs the user in without asking for username and password, but again only for that folder and folders below it.

I said it was a minor issue.......

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i fear this is not fixable while we use the HTTP authentication
to know more about this topic, search the forum
the browser decides itself to supply the past user/pass without asking the user

Anonymous

Quote from: "Corwin"
If a user logs in from any folder other than the root, he is only listed as logged in for that folder or other folders beneath it.   If the user then navigates up to a higher folder, he gets the login button instead of being logged in.   At that point, clicking on the login button logs the user in without asking for username and password, but again only for that folder and folders below it.

I said it was a minor issue.......

Always remember to START THE SERVER "only" when the file virtual system highlight is on the root (/) and that won't happen.  Don't start it from within a folder.

Offline Corwin

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Always remember to START THE SERVER "only" when the file virtual system highlight is on the root (/) and that won't happen.  Don't start it from within a folder.

I start the server by running the EXE, which starts with the root highlighted.  I can stop the server, make sure the root is highlighted, and then restart the server, but either way I still get the same results.