Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I think I just found how to reproduce the bug:
We return to spacebar.  ;)

thank you very much SP.
i finally fixed it.
next version will let you archive even search results.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I can't see a reason why a user would need to use that selection again?

you canceled the download, but you want it. (wrong click or changed your mind)

Not likely they'd download the same selection again, and not likely they'd use it to delete what they just downloaded.

you download, then delete.
it's a way to *move* those files.
doesn't seem absurd to me.

Any other action on the page/folder starts the same download again.
Very confusing/frustrating for users, and requires instruction on the page.

that's a problem with the default template
it will be fixed in next build.
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6689.msg1041124#msg1041124

you can always slightly change the javascript. you can copy the loop used by the "All" and add it to the archiving event.
That solution is beyond me.

then ask for help.
it's a common sport here!

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
  • I own the copyright to this image... "Back Off!"
    • View Profile
hmmm ok the properties page problem was in versions 221-224... but its not in version 225.. I have opening and closed 80 times and it hasnt happened

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hmmm ok the properties page problem was in versions 221-224... but its not in version 225.. I have opening and closed 80 times and it hasnt happened

who knows... remember eventually to take a picture if it happens again :)

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
LOL yeah .. I get rushed on doing things and sometime I close it out when I want to grab a screen capture.. and have to wait for it to happen again .. but forget I was supposed to take a capture etc... LOL

but its shown up more than once.. so def a thing to get a snapshot of!

so far as for most reported things ... I notice very few bugs.. it might have to do with using tog 3.0 instead of a newer template...

the one thing that has been consistent tho is that I cant place access restriction on a folder with video files without also checking the ANONYMOUS  box.. if I leave it unchecked.. I cant stream/preview the vids from the website.. I keep getting a file not found error.. if I dont restrict access it works fine.... if its under a main folder.. it works ok if just the main folder has the anon flag set .. I dont have to apply it to the folder the vids are already in.

this behavior has been going on for awhile

also very persistent.. if I check a folder for anonymous only ..without restricted access..... the folder goes invisible in the list... when I go back and check an account name.. the folder shows back up....somehow I dont think thats supposed to happen that way

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hmmm

[suggestion]

I made mention about how in 224 the connections were showing the login then listing the related threads under the login/account/user ID... thats not showing in 225 now

I actually liked how that looked.. everything was in one place...

is it possible to make that look  that way again.. but make it a +/- collapsible tree? that way we can just click on the +/- for each ID to see what threads they have? .. it keeps the status window clean and organized that way as long as the default is a collapsed view... that resets itself if they logoff...

maybe make it an option to view it that way or the regular way? it gives the users a choice.

something like:

userID@?..........
           thread1
           thread2
           thread3
userID@?..........
           thread1
           thread2
           thread3
           thread4
           thread5

etc
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:11:04 PM by chthonic »

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok I got it.. it only happens with individual files... the FILE MASKS tab keeps overlaying the Permissions tab even tho the Permissions tab is selected.. I can click any tab.. then click back on Permissions and it shows fine... I know that shouldn't behave that way..

[this also appears on URL links... folders are fine]
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 02:00:37 PM by chthonic »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
the one thing that has been consistent tho is that I cant place access restriction on a folder with video files without also checking the ANONYMOUS  box.. if I leave it unchecked.. I cant stream/preview the vids from the website.. I keep getting a file not found error.. if I dont restrict access it works fine.... if its under a main folder.. it works ok if just the main folder has the anon flag set .. I dont have to apply it to the folder the vids are already in.

i guess your streaming player has problems with permissions.

also very persistent.. if I check a folder for anonymous only ..without restricted access..... the folder goes invisible in the list... when I go back and check an account name.. the folder shows back up....somehow I dont think thats supposed to happen that way

it's likely you enabled option "list protected items only for allowed users"

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I made mention about how in 224 the connections were showing the login then listing the related threads under the login/account/user ID... thats not showing in 225 now

i never touched that part in many months.
i don't know you see things appear and disappear. :)

is it possible to make that look  that way again.. but make it a +/- collapsible tree? that way we can just click on the +/- for each ID to see what threads they have? .. it keeps the status window clean and organized that way as long as the default is a collapsed view... that resets itself if they logoff...

sure, it's in my to-do-list now.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ok I got it.. it only happens with individual files... the FILE MASKS tab keeps overlaying the Permissions tab even tho the Permissions tab is selected.. I can click any tab.. then click back on Permissions and it shows fine... I know that shouldn't behave that way..

aha, you got it. that's how to reproduce the problem.
fixed in next build. thank you ;)

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

i guess your streaming player has problems with permissions.

it's likely you enabled option "list protected items only for allowed users"

this even happens when I am logged in as an allowed user... that is why I am mentioning it.. it has been very persistent.. and it was never the case with older versions prior to the new look

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
what new look?

anyway, what i meant was that, the flash player does request the files by itself, not really through the browser, so it may be missing the password.
you can know it by the log, but you should remove the "Only served requests".

Offline chthonic

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile