rejetto forum

Thunderchicken of Glory - 2.8.0 -

TSG · 94 · 36446

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ok people, i need someone to go to my test area and tell me if the .flv player works in IE7. I have just noticed it does not work in IE7, it could just be my browser or my codecs or something so i need some external person to test it for me.

If this is the case... im going to need some help getting it to work again, or im going to have to find another alternative. I do not like the jeorenwijering one whatever it is, cause it is huge and has too many options for my purposes. I just need a basic flv player.

I am thinking this isn't the player, but the javascript i write it to the page with... i dunno... thankyou for your future replies :)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 05:52:16 AM by TSG »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it works for me, just the "drag here" feature doesn't

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
OK, drag doesn't work in Opera, but opera is retarded so i wont go there just yet. Drag does work in, IE6, IE7, Firefox. FLV Player works in IE6, Opera and Firefox but does not seem to work in IE7. I cant win lol.

THIS is the tutorial i used to build it. http://www.hunlock.com/examples/dragdrop.html and it works in opera... i don't think i screwed up the code lol...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 10:37:34 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
opera? you asked for an IE7 test, and that's what i did.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Oh ok??? well the drag function now works in Opera and i just tested IE7... so it seems to work everywhere... but as for flv playback in IE7 im not getting anywhere on this, some say it works, some say it doesnt... i think its the way i embed the object.... it would seem that IE7 has had trouble with flash objects just from googling.

So under my tests, Drag works under IE6,7, Opera, Firefox.

The Flv player works in IE6,Firefox,Opera.

Everything else is fine.

Gotta love testing :D
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 04:34:06 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile

reading this thread, rejetto said he tested with IE7 *and* that the *drag-here* feature doesn't work which is contrary to what you are saying.
maverick

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
'Drag here' does not work with both IE6 and Firefox2. The tutorial page, however, works with both Firefox2 and IE6.

:D so congratulations, you screwed up the code

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
reading this thread, rejetto said he tested with IE7 *and* that the *drag-here* feature doesn't work which is contrary to what you are saying.

Thats cause i fixed the bug but i was in a hurry. Went to see transformers. The only thing wrong now is... when you activate the preview layer from a flv, the drag doesn't not initiate.... i think ino why. The problem with the player in IE7 was my flash plugin, i re-installed it and now its fine :)

btw transformers was awesome.

EDIT: Ok its fixed... i forgot to paste this in the flv code :P 'document.onmousedown=drgStart;'
« Last Edit: July 09, 2007, 09:06:56 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

DeV

I kinda have a question... Is that Folder Task available somewhere in the template already?... I saw it on your test server, and I think it is really cool :) Making users able to download full directories in .tar saves a lot of clicks... I am curious...

Thank you in advance ;)

PS: Keep up the good work! I just love your template!

Offline Giant Eagle

• Tireless poster
  • >=3 RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs.com
Its a new feature in HFS, if you run one of the newest beta version, you can trigger the .tar by using this link: http://examplehost/examplefolder/ ~folder.tar

//edit: 200th post ^^ yay!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2007, 11:12:19 AM by Giant Eagle »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I kinda have a question... Is that Folder Task available somewhere in the template already?... I saw it on your test server, and I think it is really cool :) Making users able to download full directories in .tar saves a lot of clicks... I am curious...

Thank you in advance ;)

PS: Keep up the good work! I just love your template!

You were looking at v2.9.0 :D not released yet, its in beta testing now.

The goal is to pack more features into a smaller space with this build, so far so good.

DeV

Yeah.. I noticed that after I`ve put my mouse pointer on the ToG logo... :) But I didn't want to double post :P ...

Well.. do you have any idea when you're about to release the v2.9.0 ? ;) I am very impatient :D

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Haha well i planned to release it 2 weeks ago, but i keep finding things to improve. I don't have time to do it when i'm at university, so i do as much as i can on my holidays when i'm bored. I have to admit i haven't touched it since yesterday. The code that is. So i could be close to a release.

DeV

Well release it ;) And if you find new things to improve.. you always have room for v2.9.1, v2.9.2 and so on :)

Anyway.. I hope that the next time i click "check for updates" on my ToG, I'll see that v2.9.0 is available :D

Good luck until then, and don't keep your fans waiting ;)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
You will notice the 'Check for Updates' will now only show for the host testing the site :)