rejetto forum

Locked file in a large VFS folder?

Guest · 4 · 4259

rawbanana

After I made a large Virtual File, I couldn't remove the virtual file. I tried turning HFS off and removing it but it still didn't work. I ended up uninstalling HFS to get rid of it.

I created a large Virtual File by dragging my 40gb music folder into the HFS VFS window. I chose to make it a Virtual File and a warning came up that this was a large Virtual File. I ignored it and afterwards it began running slowing and I couldn't delete the Virtual File.

If it helps my 40gb music folder has a hierarchy structure of about 20 x 20 x 2.

First bug I've run into. Otherwise a great piece of software. I've been looking for a simpler web server than Apache for months and suddenly came across this awesome software! I know this is still in beta but its a very stable beta and you can probably get a lot of testers and people to help you develop HFS if you updated your description of HFS to let people know of the great features in beta like "upload"!

Thanks for the work!

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rawbanana"
After I made a large Virtual File, I couldn't remove the virtual file. I tried turning HFS off and removing it but it still didn't work. I ended up uninstalling HFS to get rid of it.
just quitting was not enough?

I created a large Virtual File by dragging my 40gb music folder into the HFS VFS window. I chose to make it a Virtual File and a warning came up that this was a large Virtual File. I ignored it and afterwards it began running slowing and I couldn't delete the Virtual File.
during the "add" operation, you can abort the process via menu: "abort file addition".
i understand it may be not very visible.
from next version i will put it on front instead of menu.
anway, can you use real-folders? if no, tell the reason

rawbanana

Yeah real folders work fine. No problems or slowdown at all.

I can't say I tried that many ways to get rid of the Virtual File. Once I realized its a bug I thought uninstalling HFS would be the easiest way to get it to work again.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
anyway, keeping SHIFT pressed while HFS starts, resets configuration, just like uninstalling and reinstalling