rejetto forum

HFS 2.3e Logging into a protected source issue?

Guest · 4 · 1582

HeavyFire

Hello everyone,

I currently use HFS as a personal media server and I believe there must be some kind of error either with HFS login feature or my website, because every time I go to login everything works fine for that page (I have multiple pages) until i get to another page which uses a real folder asking me to login again and this ends up creating so many login boxes I have to click cancel and keep logging in is there any way I can fix this issue without compromising security of password protected accounts?
*Furthermore I have ticked the boxes inside the properties box to allow access but for some reason it keeps asking me to sign in again and again when I have already signed in.

Any helpful response will be much appreciated.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
welcome Jordan,
please tell me what browser did you use, and how i can reproduce the problem on my computer, how to set folders etc.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
how many user accoutns do you have setup, and whcih box did you click fo acess? teh user acout, or teh option at the left, ie , aynomous, any account..etc..etc...

Screen shots would help
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

HeavyFire

Thank you :D for taking the time to respond to my bug report. I have somehow accidently meaning the issue is no longer occurring fixed the problem myself after trying everything. I changed the password for the authorized user account to that folder and then deleted that folder and re added it back to the HFS file system again and ticked the access box on folder properties within HFS, and now it works flawlessly again maybe a possible factor could likely to do with the HDD on my media server as it seems to be dying after many years of service oh well I have cloned it to the new HDD I recently ordered and everything works how it should again as it no longer requires me to sign in a million times on chrome I now have to sign in once and it remembers that i am signed in.