rejetto forum

Author Topic: [Solved] Friendly petition to Mars or any programmer  (Read 7186 times)

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Re: Friendly petition to Mars and or to any programmer
« on: November 21, 2018, 07:00:02 AM »
I'm barely having free time to build/compile HFS, but one day I promise I'll be testing all this.
...and today WAS the day! :)
Result: EPIC WIN! :D

...and now feel the taste of my favorite victory song!
...or more modern victory song that reflects my attitude.
...and the same song, but a version exclusively made for Mars.

(This is just joking, I know compiling a software is not a big deal, but those third-party components drove me crazy)

The danger is to see versions pirate of hfs with bugs or viruses, it is preferable that only rejetto is capable of compiling hfs exept to help him to developphis program
Got you!! Now I clearly do understand the reason of all your "kind" and silent collaboration! (everything fits like a puzzle). Ohhh, are you worried now? Now I can compile HFS too!...

Congratulations Mars, you've earned this certificate!
YES!! Now this thread makes sense and can be closed!
[Just a joke, I know Mars & Rejetto could open it again]

I know that message is ten years old, but you seem to keep that idea still today. Following your idea, you could also find a pirate versions of Firefox, FileZilla, ReactOS, and literally hundreds of thousands of another open source software (even more in the Linux world, where is common to build your own software, or compile the kernel). I don't understand what meaning you give to the word "pirate", but if it's because malware, you don't need to build/compile a software to infect it. Any programmer (like you are), should already know that.

And since I've wasted almost ALL my precious saturday afternoon (again, all thanks for the kindness, gratitude and friendliness of Mars), I'm sharing now a complete, detailed and foolproof tutorial guide (for fools like me), so ANYONE could now compile HFS in just a few minutes (with no more pain). For an open source world community, directly from my hearth, click HERE...  :P

@Mars: this is the part were I give you my 'official apologies' for the jokes or comments out-of-place, but those days I felt REALLY bad and sad (and all because I was expecting way much more help from an intelligent and adult user like you). I hope you have not felt offended. The process of compiling HFS was very painfully for me (and searching the whole forum I did found other users with the same problems), and I had to deal with several errors (mostly because having incorrect component versions or putting those archives on wrong locations), and several hours were wasted before being able of getting a proper compilation. Sorry to be so hard on you, but I hope you can understand me how bad I felt because that (next time, keep in mind that an SMALL help could mark a BIG difference).

Now, the serious notes:

jclNTFS is not listed in dev-notes because it was an experiment, introduced few days ago.
i removed it, so you won't need it in next release, that will be this week.
This gave me a big headache, since this component was not listed on dev-notes ("developer notes.txt"), and IMHO it should be listed there. In that old post you said that you have removed it, but latest v2.3m was still using it. I wish you had uploaded all the libs before, since it took me some time figuring out that the "JEDI Code Library" v1.22 was necessary. Anyway, it's OK now, since I did a tutorial about compiling HFS, here. ;)

@Rejetto: As a suggestion, it would be great if you keep your dev-notes (text file) updated, with the current component versions used (in case you use another more recent versions and you haven't updated that file).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 07:06:26 AM by LeoNeeson »
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Follow members gave a thank to your post:

Thank-o-Matic 3.0 By Adk Team