rejetto forum

Programmatically adding files to HFS but they don't turn up

Offline Burgundy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
First post ~

Well... I guess I should say who I am. I am Burgundy. I am working on a game that uses a server to save some level stuff. I decided to use HFS since it seemed super easy enough... but... I am running into a issue

So, I have programmed my way and I have successfully managed to create a script which takes the stuff to be saved and puts it up there. I know this works cause this: 22:12:53 (insert numbers here) Requested POST / turns up every time I run the post.

For some reason though, the file never seems to turn up in the directory. It's a text file so it should be working...

Could I please have some help on why it doesn't work? I am really new to this...

And thank you!

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Hi!, and welcome! :D

May be you should upload the script, or some code, screenshot, or something more, to be able to help you out. Did you get any error?...
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline Burgundy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Sure!

No error funnily enough. In fact, it even works! But the files never seem to get onto the server for some reason.

This is the new code btw:
var sw = File.CreateText("C:/Users/Bigg/Documents/ToyHeroes/Assets/Network/"  + "1" + ".text");
Debug.Log("UPLOAD DONE");

For now, I am doing this, and using Bind on the server to take any files uploaded here and share them...

But I know that's only temporarily since I can't technically bind it to everyone's folders who gets the game :-[

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Well, I guess you use Windows 7 or 8.1, right?. If I'm not wrong, I've read somewhere here of someone with a similar problem, solved by placing and running the HFS Server, outside "Program Files" folder, or any other system generated folder. Try by placing the HFS.exe file in C:\MyServer\ (for example), and be sure to run it as administrator.

Offline Burgundy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
hm... didn't quite work... i tried a new method as well where I am using php and i got it to download an xml file but doesn't work for txt :(

okay, new idea. is it possible copy all files from a certain folder onto there? sort of like binds except ill rework the php to work with any device

Offline Burgundy

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
You'll be happy to know I eventually did it... exactly the longest possible way ever. They really need to upgrade Monodevelop to the standards of Visual Studio... anyways, it emails and I have a bot splitting attachments and adding them to the binded folder.

;D

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
I'm glad you solved the problem! :)
Greetings......