rejetto forum

Need file transfer help from iphone or Itouch users

Offline sirfelix

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well, for weeks I struggled with getting HFS's archiving to work with my Nokia N810 and after several great support sessions and a beta tweak, it works great. Even donated. But now the wife likes her new Ipod Touch and need HFS to come through again.

Basically, I have found an iphone template and its working on a rough level, where can I find more templates?
Anyway, here are the issues:

1. Plenty of apps will create a server on the iphone, but I'm looking for a way to transfer files to/from PC to Iphone via the Iphone wirelessly without having to control the transfer from my PC's browser. Seems simple, but Safari doesn't allow downloading of files to the Iphone via a weblink. Is there a trick to this or an app that will allow this?

2. Once that is solved. How would one control placement of those files on the Iphone. Is there a file manager or file system?

3. Does the IPhone OS support HFS's archived files? What apps can unzip them?

4. Since I just bought the Itouch I didn't want to JB it. Can all this be done without JBing the Itouch?

Would appreciate some help. I'm an Apple newbie.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Hello sir,
i remember that problem with the N810.
I read all your questions, but sadly i can't help with that. It's like entirely client-side, where client=iphone, and i have none.