rejetto forum

Live 3 With Delete, Rename, New Folder, and Change User Pass

Offline NekoWaza

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
it looks like i have done something wrong...

as you can see, all the buttons and the search box aren't where they should be (or maybe they are? O.o) , and when I try to use the new buttons, the only thing I see is a wide yet short black box, can you help me?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 11:45:10 AM by NekoWaza »

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
With the way I currently have it set up, you MUST have the delete permission to use any of the tools (or to view them).  Being a member is not enough.  My new version fixes this.  I'll release my new version soon if I can't find a solution to the checkbox styling.

And the search bar and buttons are supposed to be where they are.  If they're against the right side of the screen you have to scroll over to see the member tools when you hover over them.  It's quite a pain in the a$$.  That's why I changed the value.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 05:22:57 PM by Sapphirescales »

Offline NekoWaza

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thank You very much  ;D
Im anxiously waiting for the new version!
keep up the good work!

Offline FRENCH CAN CAN

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
With the way I currently have it set up, you MUST have the delete permission to use any of the tools (or to view them).  Being a member is not enough.  My new version fixes this.  I'll release my new version soon if I can't find a solution to the checkbox styling.
To load different style, supported by all browsers use:

Per caricare diversi style, supportati da tutti i browser usa:

<!--[if gte IE 5]>

<style type="text/css">

(Style which is only loaded from the Internet Explorer version 5 and higher)

(Style che viene caricato SOLO da Internet Explorer da versione 5 a successive)

</style>

<![endif]-->

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

<style type="text/css">

(Style which is loaded by all other browsers)

(Style che viene caricato da tutti gli altri browser)

</style>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If it is not clear what to download this template and see their use:

Se non รจ chiara la cosa scarica questo template e vedi il loro uso:

Link:

http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=4992.0;attach=4287

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
It's not that simple FRENCH CAN CAN.  To my knowledge, Firefox doesn't allow styling of checkboxes.  I think I've hit a snag that can't be solved until CSS3 is fully supported. :'(

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
lol, I could have told you that ages ago, if we could style checkboxes it would have been implemented long ago. But it requires more complex javascript methods that do not use checkboxes. At the moment I am having a small break while I move house, hopefully Richard will have the new preview box sorted soon and rejetto can sort out the authentication error with third party uploaders... THEN I will look into a nice implementation of these features. Good things take time. My to-do for RAWR-Designs isn't very long after the last couple of weeks work, but the features in the list are each complex and will take time. Nothing is as easy as it seems.

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yeah I've done Javascript checkbox/image replacement, but I can't get the checkbox image to attach to the upper left corner of the REAL checkbox instead of the lower right.  That causes placement of the checkbox image to be incorrect.  

Nothing is as easy as it seems.

Yeah, I know.  Doesn't it just piss you off when people keep nagging you for features? :D  Everything that involves computers is just a pain in the a$$, but that's why I like it.  I like to be challenged.  Though shit like checkbox styling just pisses me off.  Although I enjoy a challenge, I wouldn't mind some things being less of a pain in the a$$. :P

robert watton

hi guys

how does the user register then it just takes u too google

any ideas rob 

I was going to wait till I added some more features before I released this, but I have some other things to do right now and I can't mess with this again for awhile.  This is my customized version of the Live 3 template.  It includes the ability to delete files/folders, rename files/folders, create new folders, and allows members to change their passwords.  Here is a snapshot and download link:

Click The Picture To See Full Sized Image

Download
http://uploading.com/files/ERRM6XWP/Live3+Delete+Rename+CreateNewFolder+ChangeUserPassword.zip.html

Instructions:
1.  Download the original Live3 Template from www.rawr-designs.com

2.  Add the contents of the folder entitled "New Contents" to the template folder
    that was included with the original template downloaded from rawr-designs.

3.  Install the template named "NewLive3.tpl".

4.  Go into your custom .css folder (i.e. live_black.css) and edit the #header_logo span
    element like this:

#header_logo span {
   margin:15px;
   width:330px;
   height:25px;
   float:right;
   }

4.  The custom LBT Server logo and custom background image can be found in the
    "images_added" folder.  You can add them to your server template if desired
    by linking to the images via the custom .css file for each original
    template (i.e. live_black.css).

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
There's no way to register remotely.  I tried and tried to get this working, but then found out that it was impossible due to limitations with HFS.  If I was screwing around with that feature, by default I always have non-working links go to Google.

There's a new version of this coming out soon.  In the new version, the member tools slide down from the top of the page and you're able to apply an image background that automatically adjusts size to 100% on ALL browsers AND resolutions!  Just made it today so I don't want to publish it yet (I want to test it first to make sure there aren't any bugs).

robert watton

hi many thanks for that, have you had a go at designing an admin panel ?

rob

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I did try at one point, but with the member tools I have, I find it's much easier and better to just assign an admin and give them 100% access to upload/delete/access ALL files and folders on the server.  I mean, the only thing you can't do is remove/ban members remotely and I don't see why you'd need to do that.

But if you really want an admin panel, there's one floating around here.  It's not so great in the looks department, but it works pretty well.  You can always style it of course.  

As to the new version, I'm still working on it and it's looking great!  Here's what I've got so far:

Just click the "Member Tools" button and a top menu expands to reveal tools that a member can use such as delete files/folders, rename files/folders, create new folders, and change password:

Current Control Bar:

Contracted (normal) View:

Expanded View (shows when you click the member tools):

I should also point out that I've made the background image stretch to the full size of the screen on ALL browsers AND resolutions!  Be warned however that if you're going to do this, use a DVD snapshot with FULL DVD resolution and quality.  If you don't, the image will look blurry on larger displays.

There's now a background behind the file list that's semi-transparent.  This allows you to put a background image on there while still maintaining a respectable level of readability.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 09:45:58 PM by Sapphirescales »

uvbeenzaned

I did try at one point, but with the member tools I have, I find it's much easier and better to just assign an admin and give them 100% access to upload/delete/access ALL files and folders on the server.  I mean, the only thing you can't do is remove/ban members remotely and I don't see why you'd need to do that.

But if you really want an admin panel, there's one floating around here.  It's not so great in the looks department, but it works pretty well.  You can always style it of course.  

As to the new version, I'm still working on it and it's looking great!  Here's what I've got so far:

Just click the "Member Tools" button and a top menu expands to reveal tools that a member can use such as delete files/folders, rename files/folders, create new folders, and change password:

Current Control Bar:

Contracted (normal) View:

Expanded View (shows when you click the member tools):

I should also point out that I've made the background image stretch to the full size of the screen on ALL browsers AND resolutions!  Be warned however that if you're going to do this, use a DVD snapshot with FULL DVD resolution and quality.  If you don't, the image will look blurry on larger displays.

There's now a background behind the file list that's semi-transparent.  This allows you to put a background image on there while still maintaining a respectable level of readability.
Do you have the download for this one?  It looks like it really meets my needs!  Thanks!

Offline Sapphirescales

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I'm still working on it.  The server template only works with IE8 or above.  I've created a warning that will come up if you're using a version of IE that's less than version 8 (with options and links to upgrade), but I can't seem to do something similar for the other browsers.  It only works 100% in Opera 9.0 and above and Firefox 3.0 and above.  Safari only 4.0 or above.  All versions of Google Chrome ironically.  I want to be able to warn people if they're using a browser that's too old to work with the server template so they don't think the website's screwed up. 

Since the release of IE8, all the browsers must've made an agreement or something 'cuz if a website works in IE8, it'll work the same way in ALL other newest versions of browsers.  This is great.  We're almost out of the stone age. ;D

uvbeenzaned

Thanks man.  I'm really enjoying TSG and Rejetto's hard work on HFS and the templates and many thanks to everyone who modifies them too!  Keep at it Sapphirescales!