rejetto forum

Translations

TSG · 122 · 117202

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
ALL translations of our templates or applications can be submitted to RAWR-Designs. It is even easier in the templates that support language files.

Please keep in mind, I cannot update these language files. So I will add the changes to the file myself in English. And anyone who gives me a language file will be required to update it when I release. I will post an archive of the updated languages on the forum here.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 04:04:10 AM by TSG »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ye I am waiting for a nice solution for translations with some sort of language switch, like my theme switch, but until then i have the problem of people posting the template in full translations.

I thank the unknown Chinese person for translating ToG, Terayon and RAWR-Template-0.0.1 (if you have time can you do RAWR-Template-0.0.2) to Chinese ;) I will post them on the homepage soon, for now you can get them here.

If you have translated a template, just contact me in some way and I will give you instructions to submit the files to that directory.

Thank you SilentPliz I have put it in a template package. I think i will work on creating a language file for the new template. So it will be just a matter of flicking a switch, if anyone wants to show me how to do it my msn is also my email address on my profile.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:15:38 PM by TSG »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
The next build of RAWR-Template will have language files. Attached is the English language file for you to use as a template.

It is easy to do, just translate the text after the '=' sign. There is a couple more variables to come, I just posted this as an example.

I can't get the {{load}} macro to work with file paths at the moment, so this has to be pasted in [special:strings] until this is possible.

So far there is one part that i can't change really. The check update feature. This is a private feature users of the site cannot see it, so i guess you can just pick up that a new build is out by the build number. Other than that i think i am almost ready to release again, i just need a couple of bug fixes...
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 07:29:21 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ok, it is ready for translation. Please take care with your translation to not destroy the look of the template. There are a few minor things here and there that cannot be translated, but the majority of the template can be translated.

Download the template and use the English language file. If you would like your language in the next release of the RAWR-Template, this is your chance. Attach the language file to the forum, or contact me.

Please take care to fill in the gaps and not remove any HTML in the strings, they are there for a reason. Also do not touch any macro that appear in there. They are important.

Have fun. ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 04:11:39 PM by TSG »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i don't think macros are expanded in such file.
it is just loaded in memory and never executed.
so you can insert comments in the way you like, avoiding {{comment}}

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
It's ok, i like to keep it obvious and its nice to be on the safe side :)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ok, for the 0.0.3 release I currently have:

en_au - English Australian

I have fired off some emails to get possible French, Spanish, Chinese, German(or close readable translation, eg, Dutch or both w/e lol) and Italian language files. I am interested to get a Russian translation aswell, that way we cover most of the main languages I have seen in the HFS community.

The file is in the post above or here for those pro-active enough to translate it for me.
http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=5524.msg1032722#msg1032722
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 02:17:06 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline ladiko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
here is my suggestion for german. i'm not sure if it is good, cause i've translated a lot of things to native german words while a lot of people use the english ones. for example there is no german equivalent for "the download / the upload" but for "downloading / uploading" or "to download / to upload" - so a lot of them also use the english verb ... i translated the existing equivalents where it was possible and good. there are other words i would never translate, but others could have a different opinion. for example "footer" or "shoutbox". i hope another native german speaker could review it and edit it if necessary :-)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 03:09:03 AM by ladiko »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Thank you ladiko  ;D, its nice to see the ball rolling, i have fabnos working on italian so we'll have 2 more soon. Just a side not, you don't have to translate the part in {{comment| Part}} That is more for myself so i can remember where all these variables are used.

I have tested the file, seems to work good :), is there a short word for 'Go' so the button fits? Maybe a universal character like '>' is required for that hmm.

I will post the vars that need to be changed due to restricted string area. If you cannot make them shorter i'll just use the english version. I'll grab some screens of the pages for you so you can see how much you need to remove, ignore the ?? in the strings i just don't have your language on the computer.

lv_home=
lv_go= (this one may be removed for universal search button '>')
lv_upload=
lv_current=
lv_root=
lv_closeTransfers=
lv_openTransfers=

Other than that its perfect!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 06:14:19 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ladiko, I reviewed your de-de file. I only made a few small changes, an excellent translation! Of course I left your copyright in place.  ;D

@TSG

I'm actually attaching two files here. The file de_de_formal.txt is the reviewed ladiko translation with formal honorifics, and the de_de_casual.txt is the same with casual honorifics. This is the biggest problem with German: you need two different translations depending on the situation.

Edit: Just saw the problem with the umlauts. I'll try looking into that.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:55:06 AM by MarkV »
http://worldipv6launch.org - The world is different now.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Is it possible to have just one german translation? That everyone will understand? Also the problem with those strings being too long is still apparent in both files.

Go (lv_go) is now a default '>' so we wont get a line break happening there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:58:41 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
If you only want one translation, go with the formal one.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Can the long strings be shortened, you can use a different terminology if needed, From Root Directory and From Current Directory can be said as Top Level, Current Level if that makes it shorter
also close transfers and open transfers is still too big, other than that we are getting there!

Whats a another word for Gesamt cause with larger numbers that will cause errors.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:03:04 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline MarkV

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I will look into that.

edit: Just a little experiment. Please replace one 'ü' in the file with the hex C3 BC - does it show up in the browser correctly?

TSG, you could help us by providing the max possible string lengths.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:10:55 AM by MarkV »

Offline ladiko

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
what encoding do you use in down under? my browser is using western (ISO 8859-1). SilentPliz should also see german umlauts like i can see french é è á à â ô ç and other special letters from all over europe etc.

and ure sure the template contains
Code: [Select]
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" /> ?

"Go" could be "Go" or "OK" in german. Both are common words for people under 40/50 - and i think people above this age are not the biggest target group for hfs ( sorry if i blame someone! >.< ).

Close transfers = Schließe Transfers ?
Open transfers ~ Show Transfers = Zeige Transfers ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 09:36:39 AM by ladiko »