rejetto forum

version 2.4

rejetto · 474 · 309877

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
- Possible bug found #1: add a real folder, then on root set 'access' and 'delete' to anyone, then try to rename that folder trough the browser, and you will see that the - Possible bug found #2: add a real folder (with several sub-folders inside), give to those inside sub-folders a different comment to each folder. Now rename one of those
- Design issue?: if you give a comment to a folder, that comment gets displayed next to the folder path, without any design or indication that it's a comment.

all of these should be fixed in next release.

- Here is another different bug report about comments.
this was already fixed, AFAIK

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
     {.set item|{.force ansi|%folder%{.^fn.}.}|comment={.force ansi|{.postvar|text.}.}.}

not working:   the tag <BR> always appears when editing the comment

however, what I proposed works despite everything

var value = it.find('.comment-text').text() || ''

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
hfs24b4.exe
give it a try

there is no menu to login or other action on web page, as if new template use the old JQUERY 1.4.2

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
not working:   the tag <BR> always appears when editing the comment

strange, i just tested comments with multiple lines, and no problems at all.
Are you sure you are using the default template with no customization.
Do other people have problems?

when comments are saved in descript.ion, each line of comment is ended with code 0x04,0xC,x0D,x0A

yes, you can find a function explicitly adding the bytes, escapeIon()

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Are you sure you are using the default template with no customization.
Do other people have problems?

Sorry, i was using the new template of  24b3 as external template new 24b4

yes, you can find a function explicitly adding the bytes, escapeIon()

that's what I understood but too late

EDIT:
@rejetto
do you think you can make a drop-down menu for the "more options" button instead of a central popup, as in the following image?

EDIT: hfs24b4 with internal template
I am again confronted with a reported problem: check boxes checked have the same effect as clicking the name of the associated item

EDIT:
a really strange thing, with the last exe in two different directories, on one the upload progress works but not the other, I realized that in the one that works I had a default.tpl while in the other I did not have it, I ended up comparing the default.tps of the first with the internal hfs.tpl of the second one, and I realized that réjetto had made a dumpling (fluff, stupidity)

by changing "upload-panel" by "upload panel" he had thus transformed $('#upload-panel') into $('#upload panel') leaving <div id="upload-panel"

EDIT:
@rejetto
do you think you can make a drop-down menu for the "more options" button instead of a central popup, as in the following image?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 11:18:24 PM by Mars »

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
http://www.rejetto.com/hfsfiles/hfs24b4.exe

give it a try
I can't believe it! YOU DID IT!
I had forgotten how amazing you are! :D

Now it works great from Chrome v19.0 to Chrome v31.0 (and beyond).

I am again confronted with a reported problem: check boxes checked have the same effect as clicking the name of the associated item
Changing:
Code: [Select]
.item-link { float:left; }
To:
.item-link { float:none; }
...seems to solve the problem.

by changing "upload-panel" by "upload panel" he had thus transformed $('#upload-panel') into $('#upload panel') leaving <div id="upload-panel"
I did notice that when I was doing a comparison between 'Build 2' vs 'Build 3' with DiffNow, but I didn't say anything because it thought it was a proper fix. By the way, with the last edition, he deleted this line (I don't know is has any effect, because it seems to work OK without that):
<link rel="stylesheet" href="/?mode=section&id=icons.css" type="text/css">
do you think you can make a drop-down menu for the "more options" button instead of a central popup?
That could be nice, but (IMHO) only as an option for desktop browsers, because I think on small screen devices, that could lead to usability problems (like clicking by mistake outside the menu and having to start again). Perhaps this can be done using only CSS, but distinguishing between mobile vs desktop by its size is not easy nowadays, since new devices have big screen resolution. As an idea, maybe a new 'mobile' icon can be added (along with the 'lightbulb'), to switch between mobile and desktop, so in the default mobile theme we can have the current modalbox, and in the desktop theme the dropdown proposed by Mars. But that's in the case Rejetto is interested on this.

how to define  comments in Russian characters, store them, and restore them correctly to the web page

this comment как возможная функция
On my PC (using the Build 4), that comment gets stored and displayed as:
??? ????????? ???????
...and my browser can display russian characters without problems. Perhaps unicode comments could be stored on Base64 (using `atob()` and `btoa()`). Just an idea...

In the dark theme, the 'foldercomment' needs his own CSS code (new line to add marked in red, and I've used a slightly different color to not to be confused with a file comment):
body.dark-theme .item .comment { background-color:#444; color:#888; }
body.dark-theme #foldercomment { background-color:#333; color:#999; }

I did a quick test, and it seems all the comment problems I've reported, are solved now (that's great!). :)
« Last Edit: October 08, 2018, 06:36:26 AM by LeoNeeson »
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline dj

• Tireless poster
  • 👣 🐾
    • View Profile
    • PWAs
works also with IE11

Quote from: Mars on October 07, 2018, 09:38:10 PM

Changing:
.item-link { float:left; }
To:
.item-link { float:none; }...seems to solve the problem.

This alone don't solve the problem just as a non transparent border don't.
The checkboxes must be inserted before the link as already reported (line 952 in the new tpl)

do you think you can make a drop-down menu for the "more options"
not a drop-down, but always vertical
[+common-head]
<style>
.item-menu-dialog {width: initial}
.item-menu-dialog .pure-button {display:block}
</style>
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 03:37:04 AM by dj »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

it would take time and i see no real gain

ok, i hope this time is fixed for real

fixed, thanks

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Perhaps unicode comments could be stored on Base64 (using `atob()` and `btoa()`).

that would break the descript.ion standard format, i guess

In the dark theme, the 'foldercomment' needs his own CSS code (new line to add marked in red, and I've used a slightly different color to not to be confused with a file comment):

thanks i'll use that

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i'm also going for the vertical item-menu suggestion

www.rejetto.com/hfsfiles/hfs24b5.exe

did you guys try the new forum template? it supports also dual dark/light mode, cool

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
another bug with comment ?? 

when creating or modifying a comment, the multilines are sent with LF and not with CRLF, therefore the comments of the items of the vfs, as well as those recorded in the ".comment" files are saved in the wrong format and do not appear more correctly in a new edition

the solution found is the following:

procedure Tfile.setDynamicComment(cmt:string);
var
  s, path, name: string;
  i: integer;
begin
if countSubstr(#13#10,cmt) = 0 then
  cmt:=xtpl(cmt,[#10,#13#10]);

if not isTemp() then
  begin
  comment:=cmt; // quite easy
  exit;
  end;

the bug is also effective in version of hfs24b5.exe

another unimportant detail
    function getAccountRedirect():string;
    // if it's not a complete url, it may require some fixing
    // mod mars 10-2018

result:=xtpl(result,['\','/']); // if result ansiStart with '\' not necessary to add '/' with  next line of code
    if not ansiStartsStr('/', result) then result:='/'+result;
    end; // getAccountRedirect
« Last Edit: October 14, 2018, 10:49:45 PM by Mars »

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Details pending for fixing on v2.4 Beta:

- jQuery: As Mars also reported here and also dj commented here, and after several tests I did on this weekend, I've found that there is an important difference between jQuery v1.4.2 (released on 02/2010) and v1.12.4 (released on 05/2016) [and not only because there are six years of difference!]. If you do a quick test using old templates, everything 'seems' to be OK (on a superficial look), but if you do some deep and detailed tests, you will find that the functionality is NOT 100% the same (as some buttons get broken or either not display, since depend on functions not found or not compatible with jQuery v1.12.4). This is a serious problem, since this will broke many old templates. Possible solution: include v1.4.2 by default (like it was on v2.3m), and embed v1.12.4 as a section on the new template, calling it as: "/?mode=section&id=jquery.js" and then adding on the section [jquery.js|no log|cache] the jQuery v1.12.4 file. So, by default, when an old template needs jQuery (using "/?mode=jquery"), it will use v1.4.2, and everything will work. I think this is the most easy and elegant way to solve this and keep compatibility. Just my 5 cents.

- HFS.lng untranslated strings: As you already may noticed, there are only a few strings that currently can't be translated because the way the code is written (without this, we can't have a complete translation). You can easily spot and find those strings, if you use a dummy 'hfs.lng' translation file that I'm attaching to this post (it translates every string to 'xxxxxxxxxxxx', so, if you can read some text in English, then that text couldn't be translated and need a fix). Switch to expert mode to see all the untranslated menus and also open the VFS's Properties. To help you finding a solution, I've noticed that most 'dynamic' menus have this problem, except one: + Menu -> Limits -> "Connection inactivity timeout" (so the way that code is written, could help you to fix the rest of the code). Keep in touch if there is something I could do to help. :)

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
@Rejetto: Don't let my last comment stop you from continuing with v2.4 beta testings. I do understand that you want to modernize HFS, and make it (even more) awesome by delivering by default jQuery v1.12.4, so you can forget about this jQuery thing if you are not interested (after all this doesn't affect me directly, since I know how to 'patch' old templates to make them use old jQuery if I need). But please don't forget (if you have a few minutes to spare, on checking how we can translate those untranslated 'dynamic' menus (if you prefer I can open a new thread about this). And I could help you to edit the source code if you can point me out in the right direction on how to re-write those menus to make them translatable. My message doesn't mean I'm requesting a fix to those untranslated menus 'right now' (this could be fixed on future version, like v2.4b, v2.4c or v2.4d), not pressure at all! :)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i just had less time lately, but i'm not stopped ;)
thanks for your tests with jquery. If it's breaking other templates i will consider to just use old version, as i doubt it is worth having both versions.
Can you please tell me what old template and what feature it breaks?
I don't really understand why you mentioned mars and dj in your argument: mars was just guessing, but he was not right, and dj was suggesting to stop using jquery, any version.

hfs.lng: i'll have a look at it. I have to check the documentation of the translator to see how dynamic strings must be handled, i don't know yet.