rejetto forum

Email Issue / Adding Folders

Offline almulder

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Just discovered this FHFS. I like the options much more than HFS, but have some issues/questions

Just installed FHFS Server. Test email did not work.

Using FHFS 2.0.2

Also tried changing emailing account? (Tried two different providers one of them being google)

How do I fix?

Also if i go through the proccess of creating an account, I get an error after hitting submit. I belive this is due to the email not sending?

If I look in the sentemails folder and open the validation-test.html, and then click on the link i get an error 404 - file not found

And how do we use HFS now to add folders for users? It is now different than from before?

Like how can i add and control a public folder? I want them to have read only access to it. If I change the Permissions within HFS, the folder disappears from thier list of folders.

I would like to add folders all users can access and also set different permisions as needed for each folder within (Like with HFS currently)

Example: I want to give most users that log in access to a set of folders, but within that set of folders some people might not have access to everything and nobody access to delete anything and one folder for uploading for everyone to use (With or withour quota seperate from the private quota)

FTP Issue: Found out that FHFS is setting the home folder as NULL so we can connect to the private folder with out manually opening filezilla and changing the home directory for users.

Also started another post for feature requests.

-almulder

Ok, I could not get my google email to work, but i did get my cox.net working for sending emails.

But where is the list of accounts at? I keep getting "You cannot create more than one account."

I need to edit the file so i can delete issues that arise such as this.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 09:00:46 PM by raybob »

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Just discovered this FHFS. I like the options much more than HFS, but have some issues/questions

Just installed FHFS Server. Test email did not work.

Using FHFS 2.0.2

Also tried changing emailing account? (Tried two different providers one of them being google)

How do I fix?

Also if i go through the proccess of creating an account, I get an error after hitting submit. I belive this is due to the email not sending?

If I look in the sentemails folder and open the validation-test.html, and then click on the link i get an error 404 - file not found

And how do we use HFS now to add folders for users? It is now different than from before?

Like how can i add and control a public folder? I want them to have read only access to it. If I change the Permissions within HFS, the folder disappears from thier list of folders.

I would like to add folders all users can access and also set different permisions as needed for each folder within (Like with HFS currently)

Example: I want to give most users that log in access to a set of folders, but within that set of folders some people might not have access to everything and nobody access to delete anything and one folder for uploading for everyone to use (With or withour quota seperate from the private quota)

FTP Issue: Found out that FHFS is setting the home folder as NULL so we can connect to the private folder with out manually opening filezilla and changing the home directory for users.

Also started another post for feature requests.

-almulder

Ok, I could not get my google email to work, but i did get my cox.net working for sending emails.

But where is the list of accounts at? I keep getting "You cannot create more than one account."

I need to edit the file so i can delete issues that arise such as this.

I don't know why your email isn't working, but you must have some incorrect settings, I'm pretty sure the outgoing email systems works fine.

What kind of error are you getting when you click submit for a new account?  Is this on the new account page or in the admin console?

I'm not quite sure what you're asking for the folders, but FHFS is designed for a completely different purpose than HFS.  FHFS is powered by HFS, but it doesn't share many of its original features or purposes.  I suppose you can add folders to the VFS, but you're not really meant to.  It's just not designed for it.  What specifically are you trying to accomplish?

Also I don't quite understand what the FTP issue is.

Also you can disable the one account protection in the admin console.

Offline almulder

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Thanks for the reply!

Ya not sure why GMAIL will not work with this. I checked all my settings in Gmail and your program. But at least I got it to work using my cox.net email smtp account. So Im good for now in regards to email they send perfectly.

The creating a new account error was caused by emails not working. Now that emails send I don't get any errors.

And in regards to the FTP issue.

If i turn on ftp access or an account and connect to FHFS via FTP it does not populate the home directory. When I open up filezilla and look at the user the home directory is set to NULL. it shows both private and shared listed in filezilla as having access to them, but unable to as home is set to NULL. if i manual set "private" as their home it then works. (This is more of a code issue than anything I believe)

And I did disable the One account protection (Thanks for that) Is it being stored by users IP?

As far as what Im trying to accomplish see my reply to the other post.

Hope that helps.

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com

If i turn on ftp access or an account and connect to FHFS via FTP it does not populate the home directory. When I open up filezilla and look at the user the home directory is set to NULL. it shows both private and shared listed in filezilla as having access to them, but unable to as home is set to NULL. if i manual set "private" as their home it then works. (This is more of a code issue than anything I believe)

And I did disable the One account protection (Thanks for that) Is it being stored by users IP?

As far as what Im trying to accomplish see my reply to the other post.

1) I still don't understand the FTP problem... what you're saying is that it DOES work correctly in FileZilla right?  It works correctly for me at least, both in FileZilla and Firefox.  If not then send me a screenshot of what's happening.  Unfortunately any changes to the FTP structure would require more than a simple over-writing of files when upgrading between versions, so any tweaks to that most likely couldn't be made until a major future version, unless they were very minor changes.  I do have a feature to run update scripts in serverstart, but I try to use it sparingly for stability reasons.

2) On submission, it searches a) through the new account log for the user's IP and b) for a cookie on the user-side saying they're already signed up.

3) I've considered what you're asking for in the other post.  HFS and FHFS won't combine into one project though, because they're trying to accomplish different things and their programming is completely separated and most unrelated.  As for the three things you asked for, the admin validation is very plausible, the disabling of certain sections is very plausible, but I'm not quite sure what you're asking for in the last part.  You want FTP to be enabled by default or something?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:48:02 PM by raybob »

Offline almulder

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
OK the FTP issue. Not sure why it was not working last night, but it works properly now. Before it was not working but now it actually lists both links. (Sorry for the confusion)

And the last thing I mention about ftp was just my plans with it. its OK they have to activate it, no need to activate it by default.

So let me ask this since both programs are going to remain separate. Can I run  FHFS and HFS at the same time without running into issues? (Yes on different ports) and if so is there anyway to push the user names and passwords that are created from FHFS to HFS also and removes when removed from FHFS (Maybe they read from the same data base for user info?

Sorry just looking for a way to ease my life so I can use both programs as I need features from both at the same time.

Thanks

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Well... you have to go into the HFS interface of FHFS and make sure that it is set to allow multiple instances.  Then yes, I guess you could run both on different ports (and install to different folders obviously).

I'm not sure how you could connect the user databases between the two... it would take some serious scripting.  They couldn't share an hfs.ini because it doesn't get refreshed often enough, and passwords are stored differently in FHFS (FHFS uses salted whirlpool hashes, HFS just stored them plain-text)... The only way I can think of is to have a template section in your HFS that handles requests for keeping the accounts the same, and have FHFS actually post some HTTP data to the second server.

Offline almulder

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well thanks. I am currently running both version after i figured out there was a option to only run one instance. (Tuned that off and now they both run.)

I think i will just make the user log in twice so to say. First into FHFS, then when they get to the page "Private Files" "Shared Files"  options i will add a third option "Server Files" (Or something like that) and have it point to the other port and open that way. Then edit the FHS template to add a home button to return to FHFS.

Or the preferred method:

I have also been tinkering with another way of adding folders to FHFS for each user, instead of running FHS. I noticed if I add them just right i can access them via FHFS, but not able to set permissions on them as the second I do that they disappear from the users list. How does FHFS look ate FHS for permissions? As it looks like all of the stuff in FHFS in set to "Anyone" is there a way i can still control access to folders and set the permissions for them. (Can you explain the "Anyone" option reasoning?) anyway you would want to find out how to change that so it would use the permissions in FHS is we did make the changes.

(Ya still trying to find a way to combine the two programs functionality into just using FHFS). If I can just find a way to still control the folders individual access (like with FHS original version), I might be set. even if i have to manually edit a text file to give or take permissions. (Access, Delete, and Upload).

I know I'm asking a lot here. But if i can merge functionality like that it would save me resources and give better and easier control over the system, users and files.

Can't wait to see what is next for us. Sounds like you already have a very long list of things you want to add.
And on that note i have a thought:
The so called list you have of things you want to added, would you be willing to share the list with us in the "Requests" Post. And then as updates are release you could update the thread so we can see the progress and such, and also add to the list as you see things from the post you feel would help improve the program.

Thanks again for all your continued hard work.

P.S. Do you take donations? Say via PayPal? If so how?

- almulder

edit: Now I see what you doing and kinda what your goal is. Just checked out your splat.com site. Very nice. Major Props to ya. (But still want somewhat combined functionality LOL)

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 09:16:41 AM by almulder »

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Well thanks. I am currently running both version after i figured out there was a option to only run one instance. (Tuned that off and now they both run.)

I think i will just make the user log in twice so to say. First into FHFS, then when they get to the page "Private Files" "Shared Files"  options i will add a third option "Server Files" (Or something like that) and have it point to the other port and open that way. Then edit the FHS template to add a home button to return to FHFS.

Or the preferred method:

I have also been tinkering with another way of adding folders to FHFS for each user, instead of running FHS. I noticed if I add them just right i can access them via FHFS, but not able to set permissions on them as the second I do that they disappear from the users list. How does FHFS look ate FHS for permissions? As it looks like all of the stuff in FHFS in set to "Anyone" is there a way i can still control access to folders and set the permissions for them. (Can you explain the "Anyone" option reasoning?) anyway you would want to find out how to change that so it would use the permissions in FHS is we did make the changes.

(Ya still trying to find a way to combine the two programs functionality into just using FHFS). If I can just find a way to still control the folders individual access (like with FHS original version), I might be set. even if i have to manually edit a text file to give or take permissions. (Access, Delete, and Upload).

I know I'm asking a lot here. But if i can merge functionality like that it would save me resources and give better and easier control over the system, users and files.

Can't wait to see what is next for us. Sounds like you already have a very long list of things you want to add.
And on that note i have a thought:
The so called list you have of things you want to added, would you be willing to share the list with us in the "Requests" Post. And then as updates are release you could update the thread so we can see the progress and such, and also add to the list as you see things from the post you feel would help improve the program.

Thanks again for all your continued hard work.

P.S. Do you take donations? Say via PayPal? If so how?

- almulder

edit: Now I see what you doing and kinda what your goal is. Just checked out your splat.com site. Very nice. Major Props to ya. (But still want somewhat combined functionality LOL)

FHFS uses 'anyone' permissions because all permissions are controlled by separate macro-based systems that I wrote.

I have added your 'server files' idea to my list of things to add, but it would be disabled by default.

Glad you like FileSplat.. FHFS isn't all about that though, notice all the admin options I included in FHFS that would never get changed on FileSplat!

Since I feel that 2.0.x works pretty well (well, it will after 2.0.3 today lol) I'm gonna start putting together/organizing a list of major things for 2.1.  My "do.txt" file is literally just composed of all the random thoughts I have over the months scribbled down   :P
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:23:47 PM by raybob »